• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General

Nov 3, 2019
    I'm currently looking a smith and Wesson M&P 15 22lr.
    What's md. Laws on 22lrs? And what documents do I need to purchase this long rifle?

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Long guns are cash and carry, meaning you can buy them and take possession the same day. You’ll need a valid drivers license. You’ll fill out a federal form so the FFL can determine if you are a prohibited person. If you are not, the FFL will run an instant background check. If that comes back clean, you’re good to go. Regarding Maryland law, detachable magazines are restricted to no more than ten rounds if bought, sold or transferred in Maryland. Possession and use of such magazines is legal. They can be bought out of state and brought in.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Welcome !

Yes, .22lr are excellent choices for a first firearm ( and useful, and more fun than sliced bread for experienced shooters too ) .

Stop on by the Introduction subforum , and tell us a little , and we'll greet you, send lots of useful information , and further guide you .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I was going to say more fun than canned beer , but I would have probably been accused of promoting drunken plinking .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom