• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Since a buddy is meeting me at this event for his first Steel Challenge and first visit to AGC, I doodled on a Google Maps screen shot to show him where he wants to go. Thought I'd post it here for anyone else who hasn't made the trip before.

Attachments

• agc_action_bays.jpg
      agc_action_bays.jpg
      103.3 KB · Views: 165

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Since a buddy is meeting me at this event for his first Steel Challenge and first visit to AGC, I doodled on a Google Maps screen shot to show him where he wants to go. Thought I'd post it here for anyone else who hasn't made the trip before.

This is great. Im going to use this for future events. Thank you.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    This is great. Im going to use this for future events. Thank you.

Egads! I'll make you a prettier one at some point!

Hey, while I'm at it ... you want some overhead photos of the event (or at least immediately before/after it) tomorrow? I'll have some quickly deployable drone gear in the truck. That perspective can be pretty interesting when you're explaining stuff to people or giving them a sense of how the event looks/works.

If you've got a willing victim or two that doesn't mind re-running one of the stages after the event, we can get some look-down video from directly over head of a single stage, too. If you want, sometime, we can talk about doing a proper multi-camera shoot of a couple of stages to use for promo/intro use. That's right up my alley, and I'm sure we could work something out. That's a little more pleasant to do when the weather is fairer, but I'm flexible. Anyway, I'm the guy in Squad 5 with the incongruously long hair - find me and we'll talk about pictures! See ya'll tomorrow.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Egads! I'll make you a prettier one at some point!

Hey, while I'm at it ... you want some overhead photos of the event (or at least immediately before/after it) tomorrow? I'll have some quickly deployable drone gear in the truck. That perspective can be pretty interesting when you're explaining stuff to people or giving them a sense of how the event looks/works.

If you've got a willing victim or two that doesn't mind re-running one of the stages after the event, we can get some look-down video from directly over head of a single stage, too. If you want, sometime, we can talk about doing a proper multi-camera shoot of a couple of stages to use for promo/intro use. That's right up my alley, and I'm sure we could work something out. That's a little more pleasant to do when the weather is fairer, but I'm flexible. Anyway, I'm the guy in Squad 5 with the incongruously long hair - find me and we'll talk about pictures! See ya'll tomorrow.

That’s funny that you bring up the drone. I have a guy that is supposed to come out tomorrow and do the same thing. You are welcome to bring yours too.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    That’s funny that you bring up the drone. I have a guy that is supposed to come out tomorrow and do the same thing. You are welcome to bring yours too.

Ha, I was going to offer the same thing for one of the upcoming matches. If we put enough up, we could edit the footage and start our own “AGC Men of Steel” YouTube show!

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Ha, I was going to offer the same thing for one of the upcoming matches. If we put enough up, we could edit the footage and start our own “AGC Men of Steel” YouTube show!

I’m ok with it, however we just need to make an announcement. Not sure how we handle it if someone objects. Cross that bridge when we get to it.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I’m ok with it, however we just need to make an announcement. Not sure how we handle it if someone objects. Cross that bridge when we get to it.

I was thinking it might be good to try it during one of the Arlington shooting days so that we don’t disturb what is sure to be a busy day tomorrow. I don’t think it would disturb anyone tomorrow to put one up high and get a few shots. Following shooters closely would be really cool but could definitely a distraction.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I was thinking it might be good to try it during one of the Arlington shooting days so that we don’t disturb what is sure to be a busy day tomorrow. I don’t think it would disturb anyone tomorrow to put one up high and get a few shots. Following shooters closely would be really cool but could definitely a distraction.

I would be ok with being followed, I bet Katie would be too. Once that timer beeps and the tunnel vision locks in, we aren't going to notice a pursuing drone unless it hits us :innocent0

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I would be ok with being followed, I bet Katie would be too. Once that timer beeps and the tunnel vision locks in, we aren't going to notice a pursuing drone unless it hits us :innocent0

Honestly, I'd like to do a multi-take shoot of one (or both!) of you two running some stages. Action cameras on-body, following with camera on a gimble. Sacrificial camera down-range. Drone overhead. Serious camera on tripod with long lens, doing slo-mo capture. That sort of thing. Chopped together with some well-captured audio (wireless mics on shooters and/or RSO), stereo mics up and down range, and shotgun mics from distance ... fun!

NOT the sort of stuff you want to do while someone's on the clock in a paid match, other than from a distance. But to really show how the game works, and how AGC in particular runs stages, an hour spent shooting like we mean it with the right tools would make for good narrative screen time. Not that the internet isn't full of such videos, but it would be good to bring that home to Maryland as much as possible. Especially the charming Mrs.! Maybe we can gab for a minute at the match. Mostly, have fun! Catch you all then.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Honestly, I'd like to do a multi-take shoot of one (or both!) of you two running some stages. Action cameras on-body, following with camera on a gimble. Sacrificial camera down-range. Drone overhead. Serious camera on tripod with long lens, doing slo-mo capture. That sort of thing. Chopped together with some well-captured audio (wireless mics on shooters and/or RSO), stereo mics up and down range, and shotgun mics from distance ... fun!

NOT the sort of stuff you want to do while someone's on the clock in a paid match, other than from a distance. But to really show how the game works, and how AGC in particular runs stages, an hour spent shooting like we mean it with the right tools would make for good narrative screen time. Not that the internet isn't full of such videos, but it would be good to bring that home to Maryland as much as possible. Especially the charming Mrs.! Maybe we can gab for a minute at the match. Mostly, have fun! Catch you all then.

I'm game, purely for promotional purposes only and NOT just to get in some extra pew pew pew. :D

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I'm game, purely for promotional purposes only and NOT just to get in some extra pew pew pew. :D

I’ll have all the gear with me, and we’ll see how the day plays out! It will be too cold for the Shirtless Putin look, so we’re all safe from that :)

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD

I would be willing to help out as well and in the same group with Katie & Art.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County

My first thought was, "I don't care about that stuff slowing me down...I'm there for fun, not scores :shrug:" But...then I realized you might want to have a chance to shoot too :innocent0 and we certainly don't want to slow down down the flow of shooters.

You know your craft...we're game for whatever works :shrug: I'll make sure Katie brushes her hair, and I'll do my best to keep the (visible) snot out of my stache. We'll be in squad 2 (With gmharle...who could offer a different perspective because he runs a PCC...and fast!).

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Yeah, I’m shooting pistol and a PCC, so aside from sneaking in a bit of stuff during the match, our best bet may be to ask Mr. Megarms to indulge us the use of a stage for a brief spell after the dust settles. All depends how long things run, and how patient The Man is with us. If nothing else, this is a good planning exercise for some occasion when we can do it a bit more leisurely. And maybe I can bring in Hair & Makeup for help with that ‘stache :)

Here’s to wingin’ it. We’ll see!

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Yeah, I’m shooting pistol and a PCC, so aside from sneaking in a bit of stuff during the match, our best bet may be to ask Mr. Megarms to indulge us the use of a stage for a brief spell after the dust settles. All depends how long things run, and how patient The Man is with us. If nothing else, this is a good planning exercise for some occasion when we can do it a bit more leisurely. And maybe I can bring in Hair & Makeup for help with that ‘stache :)

Here’s to wingin’ it. We’ll see!

Lets just wait and see how the day plays out. Each squad has 12-13 shooters on it and we need to keep the flow moving during the match. Nothing worse than long waits in between stages. I have no problem with filming taking place as long as it doesn't get in the way of the flow.

All of that said, it might make more sense for us to pick a different day (when there is not match), so that we can put the time into it that it deserves.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Lets just wait and see how the day plays out. Each squad has 12-13 shooters on it and we need to keep the flow moving during the match. Nothing worse than long waits in between stages. I have no problem with filming taking place as long as it doesn't get in the way of the flow.

All of that said, it might make more sense for us to pick a different day (when there is not match), so that we can put the time into it that it deserves.

I agree. Depending on my squad’s pace, I’ll probably try some shooting when I’m not shooting, if you follow me. The ideal situation is to, um, stage a match so we have control and can run the same stage a dozen times to catch it a dozen different ways. I’ll definitely get some scene/establishing shots tomorrow just to help record the atmosphere of a live match. Don’t worry, I’m good at staying out of the way. We’ll just let things happen and have fun while keeping things moving uninterrupted. Bed time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom