• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Talk about "Reverse Bank Robbery"?

BEL AIR, Md. - Police in Maryland have arrested a bank teller accused of a home invasion of a customer who had recently withdrawn a large sum of money.

The Harford County Sheriff’s Office said 19-year-old Nathan Michael Newell attacked a 78-year-old man and his stepdaughter Monday around 8:30 p.m. inside a Bel Air home.

He got away but was arrested at the bank on Wednesday.

The victims said a man rang the doorbell, then forced his way into the home when the resident opened the door and immediately began assaulting him until the stepdaughter intervened.

At that time, the suspect ran upstairs, and the stepdaughter ran to a nearby home to call police.

Both victims suffered injuries in the attack. Medics treated one victim at the scene, while another was transported to Johns Hopkins Bayview for treatment of what are believed to be non-life-threatening injuries.

Newell is charged with home invasion, robbery, 1st and 3rd degree burglary, and 1st and 2nd degree assault. He was transported to the Harford County Detention Center, where he was being held without bail.

Freedom Federal Credit Union president and CEO Michael MacPherson told The Baltimore Sun that Newell has been fired. Charging documents say Newell confessed to the crime and said he did it because he was tired of working two jobs.

Harford County Sheriff Jeff Gahler told WJZ it was "almost like a reverse bank robbery" and he hadn’t seen anything like it in 34 years in law enforcement.

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/bank-teller-accused-of-attacking-customer-in-home-invasion

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Very very dangerous situation here.

It would be nice if they threw the book at them as an example to others who might think this is a wise move.

Agreed. The amount of inside info that bank workers have and can pass along to accomplices is huge. He (the perp) is obviously an idiot, but it’s a good object lesson. If I was pulling out a big pile of cash, I think I’d simply ask to sit down with a branch manager in their office.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    “Tired of working two jobs”.

Well, at least he had one part of the solution correct......make more money. Too bad it was a highly illegal solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Scary, but I bet this happens more than we think. He was just a stupid teller. The smart ones, get someone else to do the "job" and the teller gets a cut.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Maybe if he laid off the drugs he wouldn't need two jobs. Those eys look like heroin.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    too bad the stepdaughter did not intervene with 125 grains of lead at 1200 fps

Yeah, and too bad the 78 year old man did not shoot the punk to begin with.

The guy was tired of working two jobs. What a crock of BS. Seems like I am working 24/7 between work, raising kids, home repairs, auto repairs, etc.

There is no rest for the industrious.

Want to be "rich", be willing to work hard to get there.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    He opened my daughter’s savings account. She and my wife said he was very nice. The boy’s father recently committed suicide. Not that it is an excuse, but it may contribute to his overall mindset.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Somewhat insignificant part of the story, but I wonder why they went all the way to Bayview. Lot of hospitals closer to Bel Air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom