• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rolo

Mar 13, 2019
    Washington county
    Has anyone had trouble printing the 77r application off the MSP website. And if im asking something that has been discussed before I'm new and cant find the thread. Both times I've applied i couldn't print the application

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    Has anyone had trouble printing the 77r application off the MSP website. And if im asking something that has been discussed before I'm new and cant find the thread. Both times I've applied i couldn't print the application

It is just a pdf document. Likely that your browser doesn't have the proper plugin to generate/print pdf.

tttongli

Oct 3, 2008
    HOWARD
    Just did this. You don't need to print it out. All you need is to write down the application number and pin.

Rolo

Mar 13, 2019
    Washington county
    Thanks . I just wanted to print it and see if lt said not disapproved like some have said it will before you get the email. I couldn't print it last year when i bought a pistol.thought i was doing something wrong.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    Thanks . I just wanted to print it and see if lt said not disapproved like some have said it will before you get the email. I couldn't print it last year when i bought a pistol.thought i was doing something wrong.

It won't say "not disapproved" before you get the email, but it will show the NICS number in the top left corner of the pdf after the background check was run and will show "secondary review". It will not switch to "not disapproved" until the wait period is up and you get your email.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Go logon under the 77R process. You will see a list of all the applications you have submitted. Those processed by an FFL (or secondary sale) by adding firearm information will have a Print application tab. When you click it, a .pdf copy of the application comes up. There is a print icon within the .pdf display application. It should let you print to whatever printer is setup on your computer. If it doesn't, you may have a problem with your print driver. or the display application. FYI, Google Chrome has it's own display app built in. Otherwise you can use Acrobat.

Rolo

Mar 13, 2019
    Washington county
    I am trying to print from my s9+. When i click on the link to print the 77r it goes to a blank page. Only page I've ever had a problem with. Ill try my hone computer

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    When MSP was conducting training for their online 77R, it was stated that IE was the preferred browser. Also, they apparently don't always play well with gmail. Nevertheless, I have printed from Chrome at work and home on a laptop.

Keonrich

Nov 13, 2022
    6946 greenvale parkway
    Hey, so I ordered a Taurus g3c about 3 weeks ago and when it was time for me to do the paperwork, the ffl guy didn’t submit my paperwork until the ninth and I did it on the third making me wait pretty much an extra week but I am patient and a very understanding but today is the 15th and I was wondering why I didn’t get my “not disapproved” yet since it has been seven days since my FFL has submit my paperwork on the ninth of may shouldn’t I get my not disapproved today?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Hey, so I ordered a Taurus g3c about 3 weeks ago and when it was time for me to do the paperwork, the ffl guy didn’t submit my paperwork until the ninth and I did it on the third making me wait pretty much an extra week but I am patient and a very understanding but today is the 15th and I was wondering why I didn’t get my “not disapproved” yet since it has been seven days since my FFL has submit my paperwork on the ninth of may shouldn’t I get my not disapproved today?

You should get it tomorrow morning…..assuming your FFL is telling the truth.
    You should find a new FFL. Every one I have ever used has submitted it the day I was there and did the paperwork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    You should get it tomorrow morning…..assuming your FFL is telling the truth.
    You should find a new FFL. Every one I have ever used has submitted it the day I was there and did the paperwork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But, it seems he ordered it. If the firearm wasn't in hand, the 77R could not be submitted until after the FFL had received it which was possibly the 9th. That would make day 1 or the 7 day waiting period 5/9. That would make the release date 5/16 since the day before the 8th day is neither a federal holiday nor a Sunday. Yes, he should receive his response tomorrow if the submission was 5/9.

Keonrich

Nov 13, 2022
    6946 greenvale parkway
    But, it seems he ordered it. If the firearm wasn't in hand, the 77R could not be submitted until after the FFL had received it which was possibly the 9th. That would make day 1 or the 7 day waiting period 5/9. That would make the release date 5/16 since the day before the 8th day is neither a federal holiday nor a Sunday. Yes, he should receive his response tomorrow if the submission was 5/
    But, it seems he ordered it. If the firearm wasn't in hand, the 77R could not be submitted until after the FFL had received it which was possibly the 9th. That would make day 1 or the 7 day waiting period 5/9. That would make the release date 5/16 since the day before the 8th day is neither a federal holiday nor a Sunday. Yes, he should receive his response tomorrow if the submission was 5/9.
    That’s the thing my firearm was already there so idky he had to submit my paperwork a week after I signed and payed the fees but if you guys say I’ll get it tmr I’ll just stay patient until then

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I suppose they or you could have made an error on the 77R requiring a fix and resubmission. That happened a couple times to me when I was working at a gun shop p/t for several years. One question to you is: did you pay for the 77R online submission at the time of purchase or did the shop handle it for you. At our shop we normally had the buyer actually submit their credit card info and they should have received a receipt online at that time. But I am aware that some shops have been doing the submission for the buyer then just charging the buyer 10 bucks. The problem with the latter is that you don't really know if an original submission happened on the day of purchase (although as someone said you can look at your submitted app and see the application date). The thing that pissed me off was when they decided to stop accepting self employed, proprietor and a few other generic descriptions for occupation. A few days after submission, the application would be rejected then had to be fixed and resubmitted a d we couldn't fix it....the buyer had to. This was after they had accepted some of these for a few years. People would get pissed at us because a delay happened because of a need for resubmission (which restarted the 7 day wait) when we couldn't see what was actually in the Occupation during the process that the seller has to do unless we watched the buyer actually keying everything in the original 77R right in front of us. One guy put unemployed during the Covid shutdown and was rejected on that basis even though he had lost his job. Yet another had his application rejected with directions to fix it and resubmit based on his Driver License being off by 1 number (had a digit inadvertently keyed twice). When I first saw the application needed a resubmit I thought there was a mistake as the buyer had bought 3 or 4 regulated arms previously and D/L is carried forward to a new 77R once entered. It turned out the D/L was wrong for all the applications....they just caught it finally on that particular application.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom