• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Anyone else having Tapatalk issues? Loads other forums fine but not MD Shooters. Just started on my phone this morning. Worked fine before this. Reset the phone to no avail.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Anyone else having Tapatalk issues? Loads other forums fine but not MD Shooters. Just started on my phone this morning. Worked fine before this. Reset the phone to no avail.

I've never been able to figure out tapatalk. :shrug:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I had trouble earlier with Tapatalk. Go to your settings and clear the cache. It should load after that. The bummer is that I had to do this everytime used the app.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    I was having the same issue. Reset cache and all is good. Go into tapatalk, tap the 'me' icon, tap 'settings', scroll down to 'clear cache'.

*this is on an iPhone. Not sure if different on Android.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I figured it out, but prefer a browser on my laptop... lol

The forum was slow for me earlier, seems a little better now tho..

Yes, it has been slow this evening and I too use a browser on my computers and phone-Firefox

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Admin
    Jan 19, 2016
    North Texas
    I will run an update on it
    I think there is one available. it may clear up any issues.

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    Sorry to dredge up this old thread, but I am unable to access MDS via the Android version of Tapatalk on two different Android tablets. Tapatalk on these two tablets is able to access other forums just fine. Cleared cache, cleared data, and uninstalled-reinstalled with no joy, all I get is "network error". Seems like maybe this is only since the server move. Tapatalk also works with MDS on my iPhone just fine, and MDS on the tablets' web browsers also works. Any ideas, anyone else with this issue? Thanks!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Sorry to dredge up this old thread, but I am unable to access MDS via the Android version of Tapatalk on two different Android tablets. Tapatalk on these two tablets is able to access other forums just fine. Cleared cache, cleared data, and uninstalled-reinstalled with no joy, all I get is "network error". Seems like maybe this is only since the server move. Tapatalk also works with MDS on my iPhone just fine, and MDS on the tablets' web browsers also works. Any ideas, anyone else with this issue? Thanks!
    It sounds like you've ruled out the obvious stuff, but I'll ask another obvious issue. As you know, Tapatalk can login via different methods. A general Tapatalk login which is linked to the separate credentials you previously set up at MDS when you browse our forum vs another when using the app. Are you able to "log out" of MDS on Tapatalk and browse as a guest? Or is it still failing to pull up forum information? If yes you're able to guest browse, it sounds like credentials issue, and maybe in the Android app, it's not properly conveying your MDS login info (e.g. using a Tapatalk alias instead of the MDS one - in case they're different).

FWIW, I'm using the Android Tapatalk app to post this response.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    I haven't tried alternative sign-in methods. On one tablet, I am able to view the forums without signing in, but as soon as I try to sign in I get the network error. On the second tablet, it won't even open up the forums as a guest.

The pisser is I've used this almost nightly, until about a week ago. Made no changes AFAIK.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I haven't tried alternative sign-in methods. On one tablet, I am able to view the forums without signing in, but as soon as I try to sign in I get the network error. On the second tablet, it won't even open up the forums as a guest.

The pisser is I've used this almost nightly, until about a week ago. Made no changes AFAIK.
    Then it sounds like that the Android App is handling the credentials wrong (perhaps after some automatic update). Is your login alias for Tapatalk also "smkranz" and is your Tapatalk alias's password the same as the one you're using for MDS? I'm not necessarily encouraging this practice, but if the answer is no to one of these inquiries, you might want to configure the login to use only your MDS credentials for a trial run even if you lose sign in abilities on other forums. If you're able to sign in fine using this approach, it reconfirms that something screwy is happening with the credentialing process.

Please note that Tapatalk has its own forum in the app, and they likely run across this issue all the time (mismatched credentials) such that they will suggest fixes.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom