• ...and so much more!
  • WillyD

Recreational Shooter
    Mar 21, 2014
    Paperwork infinite loop

March 7 Submitted Application for HQL
    March 19 HQL Approved
    March 27 HQL Card received
    March 29 revolver ordered from FFL (not in stock)
    April 1 Revolver arrived at FFL (assumed), paperwork transmitted to MSP
    April 21 Paperwork STILL not returned to FFL :mad54:

I missed two competitions in which I wanted to participate (April 13 and 19). What are my options here? FFL won't release until they get the ND paperwork. If I cancel the order and get a refund, who knows how long I'll have to wait.

The thing that torques me the most is that it is taking longer for the ND than it did for my HQL!

Yellowhand

Jan 19, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    2012 I purchased a Beretta M9 and was told I couldn't pick up for 14 days at Shore Sportsman. I got it at 14 days. Bought a Mini-14 January 2013 at WM; didn't get it for 30 days. Bought a LC9 in July 2013 didn't get to pick up until last week September. Wait, wait, wait. They can't even follow their own laws.

bbaick

Nov 6, 2013
    I purchased a handgun from Atlantic Guns in Rockville on April 10th. I'm still waiting too.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    2012 I purchased a Beretta M9 and was told I couldn't pick up for 14 days at Shore Sportsman. I got it at 14 days. Bought a Mini-14 January 2013 at WM; didn't get it for 30 days. Bought a LC9 in July 2013 didn't get to pick up until last week September. Wait, wait, wait. They can't even follow their own laws.

wait, you had to wait a month for a RIFLE? :crazy:

WillyD

Recreational Shooter
    Mar 21, 2014
    What in the F? 3 weeks? :crazy: My dealer got the ND back in 4 days...

Find a different dealer? :shrug:

I think the answer is to find a different state. I didn't ask the FFL what their 7-day policy was - that's on me. Three weeks and counting for turnaround by the state - that's on Owe-Malley.

Yellowhand

Jan 19, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    Yup! NICS held me up for some reason...I have no criminal record, no doctors record. All i got by way of explanation was that NICS was backed up as well as MSP.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Yup! NICS held me up for some reason...I have no criminal record, no doctors record. All i got by way of explanation was that NICS was backed up as well as MSP.
    yeah, but by federal law they HAVE TO release after 3 days without a NICS repsonse.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    No, not ever!
    Read the law again.
    No where in the law does it a dealer MUST transfer your property, it says they MAY complete the transaction. It says what MUST happen AFTER the transfer is made.

ok, maybe they dont HAVE to, but Id be demanding my money back lickety split on the 4th day :mad54:

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    Most people agree with you.
    BUT, Check the return policy BEFORE you sign on the dotted line.
    Some dealers have it posted, and, the return fee is HIGH!

Consumer Beware!

Kevin1106

Apr 17, 2014
    La plata Md
    March 7 Submitted Application for HQL
    March 19 HQL Approved
    March 27 HQL Card received
    March 29 revolver ordered from FFL (not in stock)
    April 1 Revolver arrived at FFL (assumed), paperwork transmitted to MSP
    April 21 Paperwork STILL not returned to FFL :mad54:

I missed two competitions in which I wanted to participate (April 13 and 19). What are my options here? FFL won't release until they get the ND paperwork. If I cancel the order and get a refund, who knows how long I'll have to wait.

The thing that torques me the most is that it is taking longer for the ND than it did for my HQL!

Your in the same boat I was in... You really only have 2 option... Wait it out, or ask for a refund... Since it's been 3 weeks already, I'd wait it out a little longer... Ask the FFL to call and ask for a update... GL!

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Personal insults and name calling removed. Infractions issued.

Carry on.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I guess those speedy ND's didn't last for long after all.

For the benefit of our 2014 members who had no experience with 2013 purchases .

Ask before you buy :

1. Release Policy

2. Return / Restocking/ Cancled Sale policies ( ie FEEs )

WillyD

Recreational Shooter
    Mar 21, 2014
    April 26, and still no word from the FFL. Is there someone I can call at MDSP to check on the status?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlowe23

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2014
    Cecil County
    One thing I did not see mentioned here was the possibility of returned paperwork. Your FFL can submit the paperwork on the day you purchase (say Friday) and then 6 days later he receives the application back from MSP due to it being incorrectly filled out or faxed in the wrong order or any other of a hundred little things the MSP may pick out.

Now the FFL has to correct the application and resubmit it. At this point the 7 day waiting period starts over. This process could repeat it self several times though not likely.

This could possible explain some of the longer wait times.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Sounds like he was in contact with the FFL repeatedly to ask for updates. You'd think they would have told him if paperwork was returned and there was a legitimate reason for the delay.

WillyD

Recreational Shooter
    Mar 21, 2014
    Jlowe23 was right. Multiple paperwork snafus. I pick up the Single 10 on Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom