• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    They had it in the store for $299 on sale until 7-10-19.
    Great price for lockable storage with a little fireproofing.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Based on the picture there is NO WAY 18 guns would fit, unless most were handguns. :rolleyes:
    It’s worse in real life when you look at it. It’s a small safe probably best suited for a guy with a few long guns and a few pistols or as a second safe to store SD guns in a bedroom.

Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Naples, FL and Ocean Pines, MD
    Based on the picture there is NO WAY 18 guns would fit, unless most were handguns. :rolleyes:

Well, that's pretty much true of any gun safe. I've had this safe for several years and, yes, no way you can fit 18 long guns. What's somewhat deceiving from the picture is that the side with the individual shelves can be converted to long gun storage by removing those shelves. I'd say you could get up to 14 long guns IF some/most don't have scopes. Scoped guns always take more room. I'm not trying to talk you into this safe. Just saying, the gun number rating is really no differnet for this one than any other. For the money, it's a darn good deal IF it fits what you're looking for.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    About the only way to get the maximum number of long guns in any safe is if they're lever-action or signal shot. Any bolt gun takes up too much side-to-side space. You can be creative and remove the bolts or alternate them on their butt and muzzles but that only helps marginally.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Who is the audience for this? Who on MDS only has 18 guns? ???

Something like this might be good for a ready safe in the bedroom, or a "decoy" safe in the garage filled with rebar. Any safe can be broken into, why not distract them with something that looks easy to wheel away.....

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Something like this might be good for a ready safe in the bedroom, or a "decoy" safe in the garage filled with rebar. Any safe can be broken into, why not distract them with something that looks easy to wheel away.....

I fill mine with cheap Saturday Night Specials minus the firing pin or mainspring . Sometimes I throw in a rifle with a squib in the barrel and hope the didndunuffin blows himself up. :lol2::lol2:

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Well, that's pretty much true of any gun safe. I've had this safe for several years and, yes, no way you can fit 18 long guns. What's somewhat deceiving from the picture is that the side with the individual shelves can be converted to long gun storage by removing those shelves. I'd say you could get up to 14 long guns IF some/most don't have scopes. Scoped guns always take more room. I'm not trying to talk you into this safe. Just saying, the gun number rating is really no differnet for this one than any other. For the money, it's a darn good deal IF it fits what you're looking for.

I will have to disagree. I have a 10 gun safe and I have managed to fit 13, with only two being handguns. No scopes so believable.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    pretty sure this is the safe i have and yes, i did use it for storing ammo

Use it to keep your 22LR ;)

Now for the 9...

Attachments

• 4F06CDAC-FB65-41A8-8408-D781F8E93463.jpg
      4F06CDAC-FB65-41A8-8408-D781F8E93463.jpg
      33.1 KB · Views: 283

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I have a similar one for ammo/brass...I'm busting at the seems and need a new safe. I'm buying a HUGE one this time!

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I Have a similar safe that was rated at 16 or 18 guns and is 20x22x59 so a little smaller but a little taller than this one. I have no shelves in it and with the up down method i have 23 in it including a 1919a4

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Not related but I contacted the ATF for the second time just yesterday to find out safe requirements for both manufacturers and gunsmiths. Can it be made of wood? and she said they are fine with them being just something lockable and the building lockable. She said the biggest concern is zoning in the area of the business, so I should be gtg :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom