• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • silentdynasty

Apr 7, 2017
    MoCo
    You’ll find this in today Metro Express newspaper. I see that DC is allowing concealed carry more now but it doesn’t do its justice. Any thoughts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARinPG

Jan 12, 2016
    I’ll read this when I get on the metro thanks for the heads up. I’m sure it will be slanted against ccw

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Here’s the screenshot

Attachments

• 4738E452-C880-4857-8733-A163D38274A6.jpg
      4738E452-C880-4857-8733-A163D38274A6.jpg
      100.8 KB · Views: 297

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    It is simply a condensation of the absurd post piece from 21 days ago.

jeez Northern Virginia and Maryland suburbs of DC ARE the DC metro.

May as well say more than half of DC transit system users are "not DC residents." It is a pointless data point when the city is its own jurisdiction. If you think of DC like a state, than no other state in the union would have more criminal arrests from "non residents" than DC does, or drivers, or patrons of restaurants -- or readers of its newspaper -- etc.

Do you think the Post or its express will mention that there has not been one incident of criminal perpetration by a legal DC gun owner? Nope. they will wait till something happens as certainly it will and then splash it.

By the way a dozen peer reviewed academic studies say DC has a 25.9% gun ownership rate. The post has yet to mention that once, because it means that 1/4 of DC residents, in fact 45% of all DC males, are FELONY illegal possessors of firearms.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/gun-ownership-rates-by-state/13/

Woody

Oct 27, 2017
    I was actually down there to submit my application yesterday, and was listening to Officer King complain about all the non resident applications, telling the others in the office that they should have made the permits for residents only. All it would have taken, according to him, were a few simple words to make the law the way it should have been.
    He then said the MD permit required 16 hours of training isn't actually required, so all of us would have to do it again... because they only required 4. I tried to explain that was only for the HQL, but he was adamant. I showed him my form from MD clearly saying it was a 16 hour course, and he wasn't having any of it...

The good news is that the gentleman who actually processed my paperwork and directed me around for prints and pictures, was very friendly, very helpful, and we shared the thought that some people really don't like their jobs very much.

We'll see...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Yeah, funny how when you take the 16 hour course for MD, it is given in the same class room, by the same teacher at the same time as the 16 DC course. Upon completion of the 16 hour course I was handed a certificate for MD, DC & VA permit training. The only difference between MD and DC training is the DC law course and you need to fire 50 rounds instead of 25 (MD requirement). King does not want to hand out permits to anyone and will do what he can to delay/obstruct your permit.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I was actually down there to submit my application yesterday, and was listening to Officer King complain about all the non resident applications, telling the others in the office that they should have made the permits for residents only. All it would have taken, according to him, were a few simple words to make the law the way it should have been.
    He then said the MD permit required 16 hours of training isn't actually required, so all of us would have to do it again... because they only required 4. I tried to explain that was only for the HQL, but he was adamant. I showed him my form from MD clearly saying it was a 16 hour course, and he wasn't having any of it...

The good news is that the gentleman who actually processed my paperwork and directed me around for prints and pictures, was very friendly, very helpful, and we shared the thought that some people really don't like their jobs very much.

We'll see...

I remember a phone conversation with him where he thought DC should become shall issue. Funny in retrospect.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC

We'll see...

The ruling in Palmer (the first DC CC case) said they have to offer permits to residents and non-residents, so that ship has already sailed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom