• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FoxHill

Taxidermist in Training
    Jan 19, 2018
    Woodstock, MD
    Hi -

I'm a hobby taxidermist who wishes to work upon my craft. My interests lie in taxidermy and skeleton articulation. I am hoping there will be some shooters interested in offering up deceased animals that they otherwise would leave to rot - coyote, fox, opossum, weasel, etc.

Once my skills increase to a good amount I would be happy to offer up taxidermy, skeleton articulation, and tanning. Currently, however, I am primarily searching for animals to work upon.

Feel free to PM if interested. I would be happy to travel a bit to pick up the bodies if need be. I'm located a bit outside of Baltimore, MD.

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Wish I would have seen this couple days ago. Just buried a possum, and groundhog. Both had a quarter inch hole in skull though.

Intersted in stuff like that? Live in Glen Burnie, work in Halthrope.

StanW

Hooligan #8
    Dec 18, 2012
    Western MD
    I have a gray fox running around my campsite out by Rocky Gap. If it threatens my dogs or grand kids it will be available

mdunphyjr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2010
    North point / Dundalk
    I did home taxidermy of my own for a few years! Its actually very rewarding but time consuming! As silly as this may sound, and this is only my opinion larger things like deer shoulder mounts are much easier to learn on than full mounts like fox, racoon etc. I did start with squirrels but they are so small to properly tan lol.

Good luck to you!!!

FoxHill

Taxidermist in Training
    Jan 19, 2018
    Woodstock, MD
    I did home taxidermy of my own for a few years! Its actually very rewarding but time consuming! As silly as this may sound, and this is only my opinion larger things like deer shoulder mounts are much easier to learn on than full mounts like fox, racoon etc. I did start with squirrels but they are so small to properly tan lol.

Good luck to you!!!

I've done a few rabbit shoulder mounts - well, jackalopes because who can resist. Hoping to find some opossums and the like to work on as well. I'm working on a beaver skeleton articulation now and have some groundhogs I'm going to be tanning soon. Still a bit sketchy on some of those tanning instructions, though!

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I have a dead possum in my driveway and I thought of you when i saw it this morning. Sorry, I wasn't sticking that nasty thing in my freezer

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Anyone have anything they're willing to part with?

I have offered you animals several times, but I never hear back from you. I have tanned mountable red foxes, and BUNCHES of stuff wet tanned or raw frozen. I can get whole red foxes soon, but have VERY limited freezer space, so they would need to come out of the freezers asap. You come here in person and buy some stuff, and I will likey find things in the freezers I just need rid of and give you, or sell cheaper than usual. I'm a dead animal hoarder basically. If you can't make it here, I can sell you things and ship them. I take paypal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom