• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • notagolfr

Jun 21, 2020
    Millersville
    Brownells price issues

Thought I got a pretty good deal in the current climate for $.21/rd 9mm when I snagged 1000 rounds of 9mm for $218.94 shipped. A few hours later my credit card got charged $359.94.

Started doing some searching and this doesn't appear to be a single occurrence. Found this notice of incompetence on their site to absolve them of responsibility. https://www.brownells.com/helpcenter/product-pricing/index.htm?id=35

From the invoice:
    I5zN5Se.jpg

From the order:
    CSm7M8Z.jpg

Last edited:
    Thought I got a pretty good deal in the current climate for $.21/rd 9mm when I snagged 1000 rounds of 9mm for $218.94 shipped. A few hours later my credit card got charged $359.94.

Started doing some searching and this doesn't appear to be a single occurrence. Found this notice of incompetence on their site to absolve them of responsibility. https://www.brownells.com/helpcenter/product-pricing/index.htm?id=35

From the invoice:
    I5zN5Se.jpg

From the order:
    CSm7M8Z.jpg

Reach out to them with a copy of your invoice and have them refund the difference. If they won't do it, take it up with your credit card company. The fact is has already been shipped and you have a contract (invoice) showing the lower price really works in your favor.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Reach out to them with a copy of your invoice and have them refund the difference. If they won't do it, take it up with your credit card company. The fact is has already been shipped and you have a contract (invoice) showing the lower price really works in your favor.
    ^^^This.

brentC

Jun 14, 2020

From the invoice:
    I5zN5Se.jpg

From the order:
    CSm7M8Z.jpg

This exact thing happened to me about 2 weeks ago on some 5.56. I called customer service and they resolved it same day. I was told it was a "glitch."

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    I know they have been around a long time. I always thought their prices were a little on the high side compared to others. I would do what squaregrouper says. If they don't honor it be done with them.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    My only issue with Brownells has been with back ordered items. After 6 mo or so, they cancel. Not usually an issue. Sometimes that product shows up 2 weeks later at twice the price. This was also with ammo. 380 acp and 9mm Makarov Hornady custom.

notagolfr

Jun 21, 2020
    Millersville

This exact thing happened to me about 2 weeks ago on some 5.56. I called customer service and they resolved it same day. I was told it was a "glitch."

I know they have been around a long time. I always thought their prices were a little on the high side compared to others. I would do what squaregrouper says. If they don't honor it be done with them.

This feels like a glitch more than an intentional act

I would bet if you call them they will make it right. Will probably give you a couple for your next purchase too for your troubles

Yeah currently number 30 something in the phone line, we'll see what happens.

notagolfr

Jun 21, 2020
    Millersville
    Putting this out for anyone who has similar issues:

Called customer service, who transferred me to customer support, who transferred me to accounting, and requested I email the invoices with the original amount to accounting@brownells.com and they will issue a refund.

Haven't received a refund but customer support sounded confident that I would if I emailed the invoices.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    In a normal market a small operational glitch like this would not cost them. They probably updated the stock status before fixing the price. In a normal market they are not flooded with orders. Trouble is, the market is so fast they probably sold out of the ammo in the few minutes it took them to correct the price. big oops. Of course, they would have sold out at 349.99 a case too. They probably just lost a **** ton on that shipment (because they are honoring the 208.99). Other vendors probably would just cancel everyones order, and honestly I would not blame them if they did.

Someone in Iowa is getting fired tonight.

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    Putting this out for anyone who has similar issues:

Called customer service, who transferred me to customer support, who transferred me to accounting, and requested I email the invoices with the original amount to accounting@brownells.com and they will issue a refund.

Haven't received a refund but customer support sounded confident that I would if I emailed the invoices.

Hard to believe with everything done on computers they can't pull up an invoice themselves.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'll just say this about Brownells, they are always my last go-to out of all my online suppliers. Their shipping is incredibly slow, but the worst thing, the thing that keeps me away from them, is their product search is the worst I've ever seen. You make a pointed search for something and you get 25 pages of crap that has nothing to do with your search. They are a stop of last resort. And usually, I don't even bother.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I bought things from Brownell's for as long as I can remember.
    Primarily it was repair/smithing supplies and very little to no modern rifle parts or especially ammo.

Pre fitted barrels from Shilen, Wilson- all kinds of replacement triggers, decent wood stocks- spring stock to water and oil hardened drill rods. M1 gauges and tools-pistol frames and 45 parts galore.
    Several different brands of scope blocks or rings they had it all and then some. Sights, Shop merchandise like repair tags, plastic tubes for storing Hs gauges reamers the whole 9 yards.... Stock bottom metal parts-Books.

They started Sinclair for precision reloading service/ rifle supplies about ten-fifteen years ago or so and now all I see is AR stuff for the most part which is all anybody fools with anymore.
    Too much internet competition I guess or second source shipping acquisition second man stuff getting them jammed up.
    Plus the old man died a few years back which probably changed some sop internally.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    I'll just say this about Brownells, they are always my last go-to out of all my online suppliers. Their shipping is incredibly slow, but the worst thing, the thing that keeps me away from them, is their product search is the worst I've ever seen. You make a pointed search for something and you get 25 pages of crap that has nothing to do with your search. They are a stop of last resort. And usually, I don't even bother.

YES!!
    Their search function is THE WORST of any online vendor I've ever seen, EVER! Makes it an absolute pain to shop and like you, I usually don't bother.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

They misspelled "fraud". Especially serious since it's interstate, and by their use of electrons it becomes Wire Fraud, IMO. :innocent0

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    YES!!
    Their search function is THE WORST of any online vendor I've ever seen, EVER! Makes it an absolute pain to shop and like you, I usually don't bother.

*****I honestly thought it was just me that had this problem! Seriously like 20 pages of garbage to sift through for a simple search! Shipping is super slow and I've had the bait and switch thing too.

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    If Brownells keeps running the business the way they have recently they go by the wayside. To many others out there with better service and prices. They need to improve to stay afloat.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    My only issue with Brownells has been with back ordered items. After 6 mo or so, they cancel. Not usually an issue. Sometimes that product shows up 2 weeks later at twice the price. This was also with ammo. 380 acp and 9mm Makarov Hornady custom.

Hmm, I have not had that happen.

Back in late 13, I ordered a case of Hornady 55 gr FMJ.

About spring 2015, a fairly small, VERY heavy box showed up on my porch.

Yeap, my bullets. 18 months backorder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom