2019 5.56 headspace gauges? whats available out there?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bartojb1

Dec 25, 2009
    PA
    I am looking to finish off my build, and was looking for opinions on go/no go gauges that are currently available.

Thanks!

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    I have a set of Clymer gauges for 5.56 that work perfectly well. Pacific Tool and Gauge have a 3 gauge set for $87 and they seem to be really well-liked as a company. I bought a set of 6.5 Grendel gauges from them since no one else had any in stock or date on when they would be off backorder.

If PTG has the gauges in stock they are the ones I would look at, if they don't I wouldn't buy from them if you need them sooner rather than later unless they can give you a firm date on when they will be back in stock. My Grendel gauges had to be built to order and 6-8 weeks ended up being 10.

http://pacifictoolandgauge.com/saam...saami-headspace-gauge-set-go-no-go-field.html

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I have a set of Clymer gauges for 5.56 that work perfectly well. Pacific Tool and Gauge have a 3 gauge set for $87 and they seem to be really well-liked as a company. I bought a set of 6.5 Grendel gauges from them since no one else had any in stock or date on when they would be off backorder.

If PTG has the gauges in stock they are the ones I would look at, if they don't I wouldn't buy from them if you need them sooner rather than later unless they can give you a firm date on when they will be back in stock. My Grendel gauges had to be built to order and 6-8 weeks ended up being 10.

http://pacifictoolandgauge.com/saam...saami-headspace-gauge-set-go-no-go-field.html

I think PTG makes the dies for Clymer or the other brand.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I got a set for my .22 Nosler build from PAcific. Ping Clandestine to see if he has any for sale.

Ernie B

Feb 26, 2008
    Middletown, MD
    I got 2 sets of the 3-pc gauges for my .308 and 6XC from PT&G a couple years back and all are excellently made. I had to wait for 6 to 8 weeks for them to be made and shipped to me but they made me aware of that when I first ordered them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom