Showing how to make your M6-Scout survival rifle and/or any 22 rifle better dressed.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Springfield M6- Scout Rifle:

This is my winter camping gun that has a few survival items added to it, in case I get lost or the world ends and I need a low key beater rifle that does not take up much space.
    1. I added a double rap of 550 cord around the barrel for the full length. I don’t recall the length but it’s enough for the need I might come across. It also acts as a shoulder thing that goes up so I can get a better grip on it when shooting.
    2. I ordered the scope rail and later added a Vortex dot scope on a high riser.
    3. For a sling I used an old SKS sling I had lying around.
    4. I ordered a stock saddle with MOLLE webbing from Retro-Tactical, (2) 3x5 pouches from Maxpedition, and (4) 4 inch MOLLE attachment straps from Maxpedition.
    5. One Gerber knife slid in behind one of the Maxpedition pouches on the right side of the stock saddle.

I was going to take some pictures of the saddle with just the webbing but once I got it together I didn’t feel like taking it all apart.
    Now in the 2 pouches, In one I have a simple survival kit, fire stuff, some band aids and such. The other one I have a .22 bore snake, a little bottle of oil, extra battery for the Vortex, 100 rounds of .22 stacked neatly in a plastic jar to get in all 100 and 20 .410 shot shell.
    Now you can mix whatever you like in the pouches.

One word of caution though, if you put too much stuff in the pouches it will become stock heavy. I don’t mind it much, plus the pouches act as a cheek rest to bring my eye level up even with the scope.

Rifle in question

m6-scout%252001.jpg

4 inch Maxpedition MOLLE mounting strap.

maxpedition%2520strap%25204%2520inch.jpg

4 views of the 2 Maxpedition pouches mounted on the saddle and stock.

m6-scout%252006.jpg

m6-scout%252005.jpg

m6-scout%252004.jpg

m6-scout%252003.jpg

This is the Right side with the knife slid in behind the saddle flap and pouch.

m6-scout%252002.jpg

The following is a picture of the saddle with a 10/22 pouch that holds 2 10/22 10 round magazines on what would be the right side of the stock with a piece of Para-cord and a a cord lock used to secure the saddle. Normally the pouch is secured with Velcro, but as these can and are made I had the this one made with the buckle and the one in previous picture made with MOLLE webbing to secure the 2 pouches

10-22%2520saddle%252002.jpg

An ammunition pouch, will hold about 100 rounds of .22
    Front

22%2520pouch%252001.jpg

Back

22%2520pouch%252005.jpg

Jack and Coke.

MD%2520Shooters%2520Jack%2520and%2520Coke.jpg

Manufacturers contact information.
    And an FYI everything ordered from this guy is made to order so expect a 2 to 3 week delivery. More if you get too specialized. The total bill for these 3 items was $101. Not bad for what I got. The saddle for the M-6 was a bit cheaper since all I had on it was the MOLLE webbing, less material and time in making it.

link to retro-tactical

Retro%2520Tactical%2520card%2520and%2520Team%2520Coin.jpg

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I kind of like them... even if they do look like the bastard love child of a Savage 24 and a FP-45 Liberator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom