• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RT468

Feb 19, 2009
    Catonsville Md
    Work has a sales incentive program going on.Make customer contact on the job or refer a friend to the company for services.Pretty basic and simple.Sales earn points towards gift cards or all kinds of items.Going through my account today and looking at what I qualify for I noticed three different Zeiss rifle scopes.Scope 1 listed as 2.5-8x32 MC Conquest,no other info have enough points to obtain free of charge.Scope 2 14x44 lead free glass 1"nitrogen filled tubes no magnifying reticles,don't quite have enough points but not too far off.Scope 3 was stainless and more points than I will accrue anytime soon.Here is where the questions start I don't know anything about scopes.Used iron sights exclusively.Since they are essentially free and don't have much interest in any other listed gifts I am considering picking one of these up.As far as calibers and applications go anything from my daughters 10/22,wifes Ar,or my M1 or M1A for limited target shooting.Given the limited info any thoughts or opinions on which scope to go for and for which rifle?I don't hunt,don't shoot all that much and am pretty much just looking to burn off these points.I know the Zeiss reputation but know nothing about choosing scopes and what the magnification specs mean.Thanks in advance.

bulletbill

Agent provocateur
    Dec 31, 2008
    SW FL
    AH go with the 4.5-14x44 why not.. I think it would have a better resale value than the 2-8x32 should you ever desire to sell. But I've been wrong before and this is what it loks like..

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    AH go with the 4.5-14x44 why not.. I think it would have a better resale value than the 2-8x32 should you ever desire to sell. But I've been wrong before and this is what it loks like..

Good point if it is a 4.5-14, the way I read his post was that it was a fixed power 14. If it is the 4.5-14 then I would switch to that one as a preference, the 44mm objective should fit well on either rifle and give more light grabbing ability.

RT468

Feb 19, 2009
    Catonsville Md
    The good thing is I don't have to make a decision anytime soon,no expiration date on the points.I really wish I could get more particuliar info on both to help eliminate any variables but the website just gives vague description.No part #'s or phone #'s to call for clarity.Still torn between what to use the scope on anyway,daugher has two 10/22's could scope one and leave the other alone.Wife has never shot the Ar.For me personally I would probably scope the M1a but that would require the purchase of a mount and a few other parts for what I want to do with it.Not looking to spend that kind of money right now.Already have the mounts for the 10/22 and a couple for the AR.If neither one is considered overkill I may consider scope #2,need to accrue a few more points but not too many.Looks like so far general concensus is that for what I'm looking to do and essentially free either one will work just fine.Thanks.

bulletbill

Agent provocateur
    Dec 31, 2008
    SW FL
    Good point if it is a 4.5-14, the way I read his post was that it was a fixed power 14.

No such animal in the conquest line except for a 4x32. The rest are all variables. Those stopping at 14 power are all 4.5-14. Not being a smart ass just adding to the information. And if I remember correctly for some reason the 4.5-14x44 has more internal adjustment than the 4.5-14x50..I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom