• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    Started to use some of the old Glock ten round mags that I have had for years.The pistol I'm shooting is a Polymer80 940 compact (same size as the Glock 19). Except for the Polymer80 frame the whole rest of the pistol is factory Glock with a complete factory Glock Gen 3 upper.
    I was shooting handloaded 9mm with Berry's 124 gr flat point. The first 9 rds feed beautifully but the last round approx. 25% of the time hung up on the bottom of the barrel's feed ramp.
    The followers in my older Glock 10 rd magazines are marked 2183-1. I bought a couple of new Glock 10 rd mags that seem to have a stiffer spring and a follower with the number 2183 on the flat surface and a number 2 on the surface of the follower that engages the slide release. These newer mags work a little better but still the occasional FTF the last round in the mag.
    I searched the web and there were a number of posts (on other forums) from years ago about Glock 9mm 10 rd mags notoriously having problems with FTF last round of FP/HP ammo. There was discussion of the original follower (2183) and some newer versions that were dash 2 and dash 3. However there seemed to be problems with all of them.
    Anyone here experienced the same problem and how did you solve the last round failure to feed out of a Glock 10 rd mag. It appears that the follower feeding the last round nose dives and the bullet gets stuck on the bottom edge of the feed ramp.

PYR

Feb 17, 2018
    Use 15rd mags ;) I had problems with a ppq 10rd mag that now is used to keep dust out of the grip when stored.

My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    God never intended Glock 19s to use 10 round mags.

Very true except that The Peoples Republic may intend for Glock 19s to use 10 rd mags at some point in the future ( let's work hard against that) and it is very disconcerting on the tenth potentially life saving rd it is jammed between the beech face and the feed ramp.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Very true except that The Peoples Republic may intend for Glock 19s to use 10 rd mags at some point in the future ( let's work hard against that) and it is very disconcerting on the tenth potentially life saving rd it is jammed between the beech face and the feed ramp.

Is it for sure catching on the feed ramp and it isn’t the case catching on the mag body as it is fed forward?

How smooth is the feed ramp? Feel anything running a fingernail over it? If it is only the last round, it sounds more like a mag spring issue and finding some extra power springs to go in might help. I don’t recall how the reduced capacity Glock mags are done. I feel like it is an internal block that doesn’t compress the spring the missing 5 rounds worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom