• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I don't know if this is the right place to add this or not but: I've only ever been to this Antique Arms Collector show one time; it was a number of years ago (can't remember the exact year as they seem to run together) either during the Hughes or Glendening Adm. when one of the attempts to pass an assault weapons ban was high on the Adm. agenda. I was then active in the MD State Rifle and Pistol Assoc.; we would set up a display table at a gun show entrance to solicit new members and disseminate info on pending legislation. If any of you remember on our table was a gun rack populated by toy guns-- the message being if the GA had their way these will soon be the only guns you will be able to purchase in MD. That year among other efforts we were able to get Tom Hickman the then Carroll Co. States Attorney to testify on our behalf. His testimony hit them like a shot out of the dark and I feel was a major reason we won that year.

But now to the thing that is indelibly etched in my memory: When the doors to the show were opened and the attendees started streaming in past our table--we were cursed by a surprising number of the antique enthusiasts blaming our effort to preserve the right to own military pattern semi-autos as causing them a problem. To those folks our explanation that gun control is an incremental disease fell on deaf ears. I guess they didn't figure that the were only a little higher on the gun control food chain than we were.

They're about to get a lesson in comeuppance.

If this Antiques Reclassification bill can't be killed.

Last edited:

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    I don't know if this is the right place to add this or not but: I've only ever been to this Antique Arms Collector show one time; it was a number of years ago (can't remember the exact year as they seem to run together) either during the Hughes or Glendening Adm. when one of the attempts to pass an assault weapons ban was high on the Adm. agenda. I was then active in the MD State Rifle and Pistol Assoc.; we would set up a display table at a gun show entrance to solicit new members and disseminate info on pending legislation. If any of you remember on our table was a gun rack populated by toy guns-- the message being if the GA had their way these will soon be the only guns you will be able to purchase in MD. That year among other efforts we were able to get Tom Hickman the then Carroll Co. States Attorney to testify on our behalf. His testimony hit them like a shot out of the dark and I feel was a major reason we won that year.

But now to the thing that is indelibly etched in my memory: When the doors to the show were opened and the attendees started streaming in past our table--we were cursed by a surprising number of the antique enthusiasts blaming our effort to preserve the right to own military pattern semi-autos as causing them a problem. To those folks our explanation that gun control is an incremental disease fell on deaf ears. I guess they didn't figure that the were only a little higher on the gun control food chain than we were.

I can assure you that in not the consensus of the members of the Maryland Arms Collectors Club. Many of those members are very active in the Legislature fighting for gun rights.

Jerry

My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    I can assure you that in not the consensus of the members of the Maryland Arms Collectors Club. Many of those members are very active in the Legislature fighting for gun rights.

Jerry

Believe me not my intent to paint any sector of the gun community with one brush; I know most members of our community are solid pro gun rights. The numbers that dealt us their venom even though small were quite startling when you would have expected real solidarity on an issue that threatens all of us.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I will be there Saturday morning. I'm 5'9", heavy set (i.e., fat), thinning brown hair (i.e., going bald), glasses, and a handlebar moustache (i.e., funny looking). If you see me, feel free to introduce yourself. Always happy to meet folks from the board.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    We need to get MDS handle name tags made for gun shows, meet-ups, marches, etc.

This is what my KOC council does... just an idea.

63b5294036a32ec292231132dd5d2396.jpg

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    Any idea if anyone would have a 7mm Remington Rolling Block for sale there? I really would love to find one as a good shooter...

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I will be there Saturday morning. I'm 5'9", heavy set (i.e., fat), thinning brown hair (i.e., going bald), glasses, and a handlebar moustache (i.e., funny looking). If you see me, feel free to introduce yourself. Always happy to meet folks from the board.

That describes about 65% of the people there. LOL

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Any idea if anyone would have a 7mm Remington Rolling Block for sale there? I really would love to find one as a good shooter...

I would imagine there will be several rolling blocks in various calibers, never really know what you will find.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    I would imagine there will be several rolling blocks in various calibers, never really know what you will find.

I would really love on in .303 British, but I hear they are very rare. I would take one in 7x57 just to have one that was made for smokeless powder. I really don't have to worry about black powder clean-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom