• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jul 1, 2012
    Every once in a while Simpson lets something slip through for a real bargain.
    But they are no dummies, if it's a real low price it often means there's something wrong with it.

Jul 1, 2012
    But they are no dummies, if it's a real low price it often means there's something wrong with it.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville

Yeah, when I see something like the first thing that crosses my mind is "OK, what's wrong with it?". Humans do make mistakes and you might get lucky but 99 out of 100 times I'm sure the pricing is correct for the condition.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    The Mosin crate listed a rifle (M39 Tikka) for $1,200 that ended up being worth $3,000. He said he got a large number of orders for it in a very short timeframe!

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    The Mosin crate listed a rifle (M39 Tikka) for $1,200 that ended up being worth $3,000. He said he got a large number of orders for it in a very short timeframe!

I've never heard anyone accuse Alden of being a savvy businessman.

If he had put that rifle on Gunbroker, there would have been at least 2 people I know who would've gotten into a pissing match and bid it up to the stratosphere.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I've never heard anyone accuse Alden of being a savvy businessman.

If he had put that rifle on Gunbroker, there would have been at least 2 people I know who would've gotten into a pissing match and bid it up to the stratosphere.

Might not be as much about that as it is he enjoys it, makes enough to keep doing it and doesn’t mind helping people out. Then again, maybe he is trying to make as much money as possible from it and sucks at the business. Unless someone gives me a good reason to think bad thoughts about them I’d rather try to put positive spins on people’s behavior.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Atlanticfirearms.com has SKS in stock, but price is higher than Classic. I really want to roll the dice on one but I think $300 is my limit.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville

Attachments

• chicom sks.jpg
      chicom sks.jpg
      42.1 KB · Views: 550
    Last edited:

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I'm not an SKS guy but for those who are and have their 03 AIM has Chinese early 60s vintage matching SKS in stock for $410. Don't know if pricing is good or not as this is a market I don't follow. But food for thought.

I almost ordered one of those from AIM, but they charge tax. With the tax and shipping, the total came out to over $450. I was kinda bummed. For that much, you might as well just find a Russian, Romanian or Albanian for a little bit more.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I almost ordered one of those from AIM, but they charge tax. With the tax and shipping, the total came out to over $450. I was kinda bummed. For that much, you might as well just find a Russian, Romanian or Albanian for a little bit more.

My thinking exactly

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville

Dan, get used to taxes getting charged over the 'net. The recent supreme court decision South Dakota V. Wayfair makes it possible for a state to demand that a company selling and shipping taxable goods to their state collect sales tax for them, even if they don't have a nexus, or facility, in that state. You're going to see sales taxes being charged on out-of-state internet based purchases more and more over time.
    I thought about my out-of-state auction purchases that up to now have been invoiced without MD sales tax and how long is that going to go on? Adding up the premium, CC charges, FFL processing fee (I've seen this as much as $50 lately!), shipping and now sales tax and my favorite method of acquisition becomes too expensive to use.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Eh, brown my face and call me Canadian, donchya know!

Attachments

• 9BCB1657-5093-4C13-8F0F-E4AB9CD5E32F.jpg
      9BCB1657-5093-4C13-8F0F-E4AB9CD5E32F.jpg
      55.3 KB · Views: 833

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Hey folks,

We will be offering some great deals this Friday and Saturday!

Anderson AR15 lowers $45.00 each
    Instock Spike's tactical AR15 lowers $99.00 each
    Mossberg Maverick 88 12ga Security shotguns NEW $195.00
    Delton Ar15 5.56 NEW $425.00
    10% off all our used milsurp guns in stock!
    10% off all ammo in stock

Hours-
    Friday 10am-4pm
    Saturday 12pm-5pm

Stop on by and pick up some good deals!!

^^Milsurp sale at South Carroll Sporting Goods

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Hey folks,

We will be offering some great deals this Friday and Saturday!

Anderson AR15 lowers $45.00 each
    Instock Spike's tactical AR15 lowers $99.00 each
    Mossberg Maverick 88 12ga Security shotguns NEW $195.00
    Delton Ar15 5.56 NEW $425.00
    10% off all our used milsurp guns in stock!
    10% off all ammo in stock

Hours-
    Friday 10am-4pm
    Saturday 12pm-5pm

Stop on by and pick up some good deals!!

^^Milsurp sale at South Carroll Sporting Goods

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom