• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BerettaMan

Mar 27, 2011
    Harford county
    Has anybody upgraded the JM Pro shotgun? I have a 22" 8+1 and would like to get a bigger tube on it. I'm just not sure what the stock tube length is. I assume it's a +3 or +4. So in order to be able to load 10+1 I would need a +5 or +6. Does anyone know the stock mag extension capacity? I've also read that adding the Nordic low drag follower can reduce the capacity by one. Anyone have experience with that? My other plans are a match saver, over sized bolt release, and possibly opening the loading port. I use the gun for 3 gun competition and just want to add a little bit to it. If you've have loading port work done did you do it yourself? If not where did you get it done? I know that's a lot of questions but any help is appreciated. Thanks!

silasvirus82

Dam Builder
    Dec 4, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Has anybody upgraded the JM Pro shotgun? I have a 22" 8+1 and would like to get a bigger tube on it. I'm just not sure what the stock tube length is. I assume it's a +3 or +4. So in order to be able to load 10+1 I would need a +5 or +6. Does anyone know the stock mag extension capacity? I've also read that adding the Nordic low drag follower can reduce the capacity by one. Anyone have experience with that? My other plans are a match saver, over sized bolt release, and possibly opening the loading port. I use the gun for 3 gun competition and just want to add a little bit to it. If you've have loading port work done did you do it yourself? If not where did you get it done? I know that's a lot of questions but any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Obviously not a Berreta man anymore, haha. No experience with the Mossberg, but I would be cognizant that adding a longer tube might potentially put you in a class you don't want to shoot (open). Every place is different of course, but food for thought.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Stock mag extension is +4, but the older Nordic design, not compatible with the new nut and cap design. I got a good deal on a +8 new design nordic, works fine, and better if you quad load, can toss in 4 right out of the gate, and makes it easier to keep loading groups of 4 as you move and load. Or3gun.com has some good parts, the oversized bolt stop, forearm retainer and mag follower are great. Shaving down the back of the forend helps make a smooth transition from reciever to forend when loading. As far as porting, did mine myself, the receiver is aluminum, so grinds quick, polishes easy, won't rust, just be careful not to grind into the retainer clip channel. A better bead helps, I added sling mounts, and adjusted the stock to have more drop, so it fits me. All in all a good gun, the piston gets dirty and can cause stoppages where it won't cycle and you can see the action bars sticking when pulling the bolt back, but easy to pull the rings apart and scrape the carbon out.

Last edited:

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Admittedly I have a JMP 24" which is 9 +1. However I put an XRail 10 + 1 mag (the best) and added the +2 extension so I could shoot Open Div if I wanted or could reload more than starting capacity. When the rules say I can't I just take the +2 extension off and leave the extended spring in which drops my mag tube capacity to 9 +1 same as if I did not have the XRail on as the extra spring length takes an extra round out. But a tube that long might look a little funny on a 22" (looks long on a 24" also). What makes the XRAil better than just about all other mags was the threaded part was part of the tube instead of being a collar so that you did not need to put a clamp on to keep it aligned. You could if you wanted but you did not need to as the tube is probably at least as strong as the barrel. XRail is the same company that makes the rotary magazines that Jerry has used in Open. I use some kind of aluminum low drag follower, likely a Nordic, because I switched from their mag to the XRail.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I also use the RCI Xrail 10 + 1 tube on my Benelli and beefy it is. I would say that without a doubt it is the BEST tube on the market for the exact same reasons that Photoracer stated.
    -Strength
    -no need for a brace
    -integrated nut
    -ability to add/remove +2

The downside is the cost. He recently raised the price to $110 plus another $45 for the +2 extension. You could have a 11 + 1 (actually a +9) Nordic extension for a little more than half that amount, but you would lose the ability to remove the +2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom