• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    what are you using to indicate? If this is an ongoing hobby for some, I would at least look into purchasing test indicators. The Dial Indicators are "OK" to get by for the average guy in the garage, though. $18 sloppy made junk trying to indicate something dead nuts, meh.

That run out might not be all that bad, I dont know how/what/where you are getting those readings.

The one thing I notice with trying to be a hobby machinist is that people focus way too much on one thing, then forget about the thousands of other things that are involved in the process (Not saying that's the OP). I'd just start making parts and see how you do.

tlino

I learn better hands on w
    Dec 28, 2014
    Frederick
    what are you using to indicate? If this is an ongoing hobby for some, I would at least look into purchasing test indicators. The Dial Indicators are "OK" to get by for the average guy in the garage, though. $18 sloppy made junk trying to indicate something dead nuts, meh.

That run out might not be all that bad, I dont know how/what/where you are getting those readings.

The one thing I notice with trying to be a hobby machinist is that people focus way too much on one thing, then forget about the thousands of other things that are involved in the process (Not saying that's the OP). I'd just start making parts and see how you do.

Actually, you are right. I have a cheap dial indicator. It is time to get a good one.
    Thanks.
    TP

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom