• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    http://www.pointatpintail.com/

A buddy invited several of us from the office to shoot sporting clays here.
    I didn't see info on their site about shotguns. I was wondering if they frowned on some shotguns in your group.
    I was bringing some shotguns. Not that they are great trap guns or anything.
    I have an 835 with a ported 24" barrel.
    An FN with the 22" barrel and a pistol grip.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Pretty lax place, I've never been "inspected" and I don't think the help that comes out to change batteries and load throwers would go out of their way to "see" what you're using.

Assuming you're doing sporting clays, it's going to suck ass with a pistol grip/22" barrel for about half the course but it still may be fun if this is a first experience.

They have rental Beretta's more suited

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    Thanks for the heads up.
    I'll be bringing my 16ga browning and 12ga a400xcell as well. Might leave the fn at home but my buddies love it and want to shoot it.

bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.
    I've never had any issues or anyone looking at my guns. As long as its legal I dont think they care. But as stated a short barrel shotgun will be tough on the course.

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    No issues. Nice place to shoot. We should have passed on the cart. If they were busier it might have been nice to skip around with it but since they were not, it was easy to just walk stand to stand.

FMD

When I was there several years ago, I rented one of their Beretta's. I was very pleased with it. I did great on the trap house with it (won a t-shirt). Didn't do as well on the skeet course but that was me, not the gun.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    http://www.pointatpintail.com/
    I was bringing some shotguns. Not that they are great trap guns or anything.

I went to a business outing there and of course some of us brought our own guns. They had a safety briefing and asked a guy to open his action since it was closed. Yup out popped a live round. He said “oh I didn’t know, I just grabbed it from under my bed.”
    It was an 870 with a slug barrel on it with sights.
    They told him to use the rental gun (they had one at each station for our little “tournament.”)
    Anyway, I stayed away from that guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom