• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foodpoison

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    the Dena
    Just made a new rough google spreadsheet. Currently it is locked to prevent any problems with other people. Any suggestions on making it better let me know. I think ill make a new thread as well? New additions can either be PM'd or commented in this thread or new one.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-GZ3WiZ69oXIXgoC8NX4eP9jNP2XhtMYYgS43lAi6Ag/edit?usp=sharing

There is now a distinction for rifle caliber handgun locks. Also remember pistol caliber semi auto bore locks will not always work with revolvers.

this

Boonie Hat

Jan 2, 2013
    Baltimore County, MD, USA
    Hello all, looking for a 7.62x39 borelock for a Zastava M92 that I'll be picking up next week. I messaged Wendigo since he was listed in the spreadsheet, but it has been passed along. Let me know if you have one. I can meet you or pay for shipping

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Hello all, looking for a 7.62x39 borelock for a Zastava M92 that I'll be picking up next week. I messaged Wendigo since he was listed in the spreadsheet, but it has been passed along. Let me know if you have one. I can meet you or pay for shipping

Just updated the list with the user that has the lock now.

clewisking

Aug 25, 2015
    lock exchange

I'm new to the lock exchange progam on here. I wanted to borrow someones 9mm lock for next thursday 9/10 to pick up my new glock. I live in PG, hyattsville specifically.

Thanks

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I've got a Franzen bore lock for revolvers barrel length 1 3/4 to 3 1/4", or semi auto 2 3/4 to 4 1/4". Good for .9, .357mag, .38sp, .380auto, .38colt, (at least this is what's written on the package). Located in Westminster.

Dave Greenberg

Oct 24, 2015
    Millersville
    Good idea. It's too bad some dealer's (including a few site IP's) require you to buy a new lock from them for each transfer, whether you already have an approved lock in the appropriate caliber or not. They must need that extra $10-20 they make off that lock. Are we really pretending that people use these things and need one for each gun they own? I don't think I've ever taken any of mine out of the package.

They just want you to buy your gun tampons from them, that's all...:innocent0

Hyper-W

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2010
    Cooksville
    They just want you to buy your gun tampons from them, that's all...:innocent0

I don't want to get into a battle over this and I think that the law is as silly as the next guy but I will play devil's advocate:
    I think that it is more of a CYA type of move. My understanding is that the law states that handguns must be "sold with" a lock.
    If I'm a gundealer, I'd rather err on the side of caution and require that a buyer purchase a lock from me so that it is "sold with". Otherwise I would risk losing my business and potentially facing criminal charges.
    Now, if the law said that the gun "must leave the store along side of a lock" then we have a different situation.

As far as padding profits? I doubt any of MD's FFLs are retiring early based on the profits of bore locks. I cannot imagine that the margins are much over 30-50%. By the time they cover the cost of ordering, shipping, stocking, and other overhead they probably only clear $3 to $5 of actual profit. They may WAY more on the transfers and profits of the actual firearm.

Last edited:

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    Nope, no "sold with" in the integrated lock law. That's in the pre-2003 external lock law. Now it's just "has".

(2) On or after January 1, 2003, a dealer may not sell, offer for sale, rent, or transfer in the State a handgun manufactured on or after January 1, 2003, unless the handgun has an integrated mechanical safety device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom