• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoopal

Jun 13, 2013
    I just bought a brand new Inland M1 carbine without a bayonet lug. I want to install one on it. However, the front sight tool I find on line says USGI or universal type. I don't know which one I should buy? Someone here can help me? Thank you.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Why would you want to add it?

The M1 Carbine through virtually all of WWII did NOT have the bayonet lug.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Inland makes several different models of Carbines.

The M1 1945 has the bayonet lug. The M1- 1944 does not.

The M1 Jungle has a conical flash hider.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    The new ones I saw had the bayonet lug.

Because after the war they were re-arsenaled and had them installed circa Korea. Only late WWII carbines had bayonet lugs. If yours is dated prior to 1945 and has a lug, it was either re-arsenaled or someone added on after the fact. Plenty of carbines were surplused after WWII and never made it to the arsenal refurbishment.

Mine is sept 1942. No lug.

For a tool, none needed. Just need a block of wood and be vary careful tapping it off and back on. Move the block around the circumference as you tap it off. Also a punch to take the pin out.

zoopal

Jun 13, 2013
    Because after the war they were re-arsenaled and had them installed circa Korea. Only late WWII carbines had bayonet lugs. If yours is dated prior to 1945 and has a lug, it was either re-arsenaled or someone added on after the fact. Plenty of carbines were surplused after WWII and never made it to the arsenal refurbishment.

For a tool, none needed. Just need a block of wood and be vary careful tapping it off and back on. Move the block around the circumference as you tap it off. Also a punch to take the pin out.

Thanks a lot, I just want to install the bayonet lug to look cool:party29:

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs

JUST a FYI the OP bought a NEW production Inland M1 Carbine not an original USGI. Pretty sure we all know the history of the M1 Carbine and the bayonet lug along with all the fakes on the market. On a new just made rifle the history has little relevance.I can actually understand why he wants to do it :innocent0

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Oh, well especially a new one have at it.

TBH there are enough garands and carbines our there, especially inland, it gives me little heart burn to see them modified. If it was mine I likely never would, no matter how many I owned, but it also doesn’t seem like that big a deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom