Who, if anyone, is The New "Colt" for AR's?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    I don't know whether any one company will take the spot...considering the market today it's more a matter of which companies survive to be in the running. The saturated AR market will weed out those companies that aren't diversified enough to compete or were marginal players to begin with. Colt has said they have a 120-day supply of civilian legal rifles sitting in inventory so once that's sold off they can either decide to sit it out or restart production depending on the market and consumer demand. No demand...no new production. It makes no sense to continue building a product there's little demand for. It's not like Colt is losing sales...they've shifted production to overseas military and government contracts and that's taking up their production capacity for the time being.

Depending on how the political situation shakes out through the next election cycle the AR market can go either way. If there's a profit to be made someone will service that market.
    I’m sure they still gonna keep crankin em out for the gooberment if there’s another shot heard round the world.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I keep hearing this 120 day supply line (or some variation thereof) but I don't see Colt's for sale at dealers anywhere online. Can somebody please point me in the direction of this vaporware supply?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom