• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Have any of these come before the OAH yet? Outcomes?

I know of at least 10 hearings before the OAH so far, possibly more. Saw in either the Daily Record or Maryland Matters the other day that the MSP have appealed at least 22 cases.

As Welder said, we won't know anything for probably a short while yet.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    The first cases were recently being heard. Quite a coincidence this tweet on February 10th.

k4jUIn0.jpg

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Any chance you'd give some insight as to how these hearings are conducted compared to the HPRB hearings? More formal? Allowing you adequate chance to provide your side? Or does it appear to be a chopping block session?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    The first cases were recently being heard. Quite a coincidence this tweet on February 10th.

k4jUIn0.jpg

Frosh needs to put up or shut up on that serious accusation. If HPRB is violating the law, how are they doing it? By exercising their lawful authority to overrule decisions made by MSPLD? That doesn't fit under any definition of "breaking the law" that I'm aware of.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Any chance you'd give some insight as to how these hearings are conducted compared to the HPRB hearings? More formal? Allowing you adequate chance to provide your side? Or does it appear to be a chopping block session?

I would be happy to answer questions , hard to do here but I will try .

The rooms are as big as a closet , no room for a posse . Friendly less people . The same MSP troopers that are at HPRB are at the hearings .

Like a less formal court hearing my hearing lasted 1 hr. 45 mins. approx. lots of information and legal jargon . Business permits must have an attorney . That is the Cliff note version .

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I would be happy to answer questions , hard to do here but I will try .

The rooms are as big as a closet , no room for a posse . Friendly less people . The same MSP troopers that are at HPRB are at the hearings .

Like a less formal court hearing my hearing lasted 1 hr. 45 mins. approx. lots of information and legal jargon . Business permits must have an attorney . That is the Cliff note version .
    Thanks

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Interesting that you MUST have representation. That's cute, the State can force expenses on you.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Interesting that you MUST have representation. That's cute, the State can force expenses on you.

I would have been lost there without my very capable attorney , take it from me this is for someone that has law knowledge . And that is not me .

I try to stay in my lane .

On one of the two sheets they sent it was stated on the paper businesses must have representation/lawyer

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'm not saying its not the best decision, but, what would happen if the applicant's business couldn't afford to represent itself? Do they offer financial aid?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

If you are sole proprietor, Single member LLC or 100% shareholder in a closed corporation, I can't see how how they can stop you from going pro se. It's ridiculous in any circumstance as shareholders or partners are at risk how?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    With all due respect to my colleague, I'm not sure that is the case.

Well it's on the paperwork ;):D I don't remember the exact wordage but it says something as close to that as possible . I was surprised as well .That's right it said something about Corporation . We are INC.

Not Sole or LLC

Second Business is LLC which has not made it on permit

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    And to be clear nobody forces you to do anything , you decide and their ******** cost you money much like other Government BS cost you money . When our state needs more money for free programs they then think of new stuff so we can pay for the free stuff .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom