• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Ever read the Curran manifesto?

I have, but I still would like to think that the AG has some rational long term strategy. All of these appeals are ultimately sowing the seeds of their own destruction.

The Curran manifesto IS the long term strategy. And there is nothing rational about it.

He's gonna be a fun Governor for sure..

He doesn't want to be governor. Why would he give up all his power?

br3krj

Libertarian Conservative
    Oct 25, 2009
    Harford County
    And that is where I do not understand the MSP and AG penchant for appeals here.

If you've gone through and spent over $500 on training and finger printing, 8 hours in a classroom, 52 pages of paperwork, and interview process, a board hearing, Chances are you are going to fight till your very last legal brief the restrictions on your permit. It's absurd and ridiculous to think that after having gone through all that people are simply going to give up.

I simply don't understand the mindset-They are desperately trying to hold on to a relic of the past, they're just being dicks, or they're trying to show results to justify the money Bloomberg gave them for the campaign. Maybe a little of all of those.

I fully expect to receive restrictions on my renewal and if so, I intend to fight them as far as I can!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Palpable Need is indeed a significant thing , significantly different from current policy, and needs to be persued .

EdHershon

Oct 2, 2018
    Annapolis
    They didn’t perjure themselves in front of the HPRB and if they say something different in front of an ALJ they haven’t perjured themselves in front of that ALJ either.

It’s De Novo right? They get a total do over

See how that works?

The facts according to the MSP LD are whatever they say they are

If they made a statement under oath and it was false or different than what they testify to another time at OAH, then you can beat the shit out of them for the inconsistency and make them look like shit. It’s just how to do it effectively.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Just the opposite with me. When I applied, I listed 2 businesses. I provided documentation for one. I was notified to provide documentation for the second business or my permit would be denied, implying that my first business was not G&S for a permit. I provided the documents and my permit was issued with both businesses listed. Don't try to figure these fools out, you'll go nuts.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Did you send $10 and specifically ask for a modification?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    The long term strategy is control, control, control until its pried from their hands by the SCOTUS. They suffer from the typical liberal mindset that law abiding citizens are part of the problem along with the criminal sewage

Makes no difference. The serfs are not to be trusted

It’s what they do.

This, exactly. Control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If they made a statement under oath and it was false or different than what they testify to another time at OAH, then you can beat the shit out of them for the inconsistency and make them look like shit. It’s just how to do it effectively.

Thank you for the clarification Counselor.

My response was somewhat tongue-in-cheek.

:D

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Did you send $10 and specifically ask for a modification?
    This one was my initial application, not one that was issued. It did however get issued with the older "while engaged in financial transactions" restrictions and I paid the $10 to get the then newer "while conducting business" crap. I still haven't heard from the HPRB as to a date for my appeal of restrictions that I sent I'm September.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    I would be interested in hearing first hand accounts from any individuals that have completed the new MSP appeals. If the judge is treating MSP and the applicant on a fair and even footing, applying the law to the situation at hand, I have less concerns. Also, are these proceedings open to the public like other trials? Might be fodder for an eventual COTUS case if decisions can be shown as arbitrary and capricious. Particularly if the judge is shown to apply MSP "standard procedures" as if they are laws.

If an applicant is denied a permit by the board, can they also appeal to the admin judge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom