• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Hello fellow Members.

I have a business that I've been a partner in for almost 15 years now, we're going to try to move ourselves into the 21st Century and get a website going. I have professionally done artwork (logo) and a few other pieces but,.......not much. Plenty of photos I'd like to be able to showcase. Starting from a clean slate, open to ideas, trying to attract a different market with a new site.

Looking for offers to build a site that I can lightly maintain in the future.

I know there are some guys here that do it, I don't have the time to figure out how all this works from scratch.

Phil 443-309-60 three zero

blastmastersinc (at) hotmail .com

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    It’s not a bad place. It just takes those of us who do that for a living a little while to decide when/how to size things up and respond. These projects are pretty much always a little more complex than anyone involved would like. When I’m back off the road today, I’ll drop a PM with some thoughts.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I built one for a friend using a GoDaddy template.

Sorry Occam, but I will add that Occam's personal touch might be helpful.

In all web design I forbid things moving on the periphery...makes me cRaZy. Also sound coming on when page is launched...bad, very bad.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I ended up using Webly and Godaddy.

I got the point where I felt like I might be better off doing everything as cheap as possible..... and seeing how far I could get it.

I have less than $280 bucks into the site including 2 years of domain and hosting.

It's pretty clunky I'll admit, but, it's more or less just a way for people to see examples of work or maybe be directed to us of they did a VERY specific search for the type of services. I'm finding that, unless you have an actual product for sale, Facebook seems to be the way people seek out service type businesses. I'm not "on" FB, my son generally runs most of the company, I'll leave it up to him as to if he thinks it's worthwhile to pay to play (so to speak) on FB.

We are both extremely busy with a few different businesses and somewhat go from one thing to the next work wise and never really do much marketing beyond CL and word of mouth/repeat work. I've actually had a pretty decent response from cheapo corrugated plastic signs that I illegally hung way up high on utility poles. They last about a year or so depending on location/wind exposure, I get a lot of fruitful calls from older folks from regular outdoor print ads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom