• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...a6533c-cad8-11e5-a7b2-5a2f824b02c9_story.html

Excerpt:

Everytown for Gun Safety, a group bankrolled by the former New York mayor, poured $2 million into TV ads last fall in a failed bid to help McAuliffe’s party take back the state Senate.

On Wednesday, Everytown launched a social media campaign against McAuliffe, who last week stunned gun-safety advocates by announcing that he had struck a gun deal with Republican legislators and the National Rifle Association. It shows side-by-side photos of McAuliffe and the National Rifle Association’s Wayne LaPierre.

It just proves what everyone already knows: that Bloomberg's gun "safety" group is really about confiscation and repealing the Second Amendment. I really try not to be an alarmist on 2A stuff, but this is cause for alarm. Maybe it will have the effect of alienating Bloomberg even further. The Ds can't be happy about him going after a Governor in a "purple" state for striking a fair compromise between the sides of this issue.

Discuss...

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    I'm not surprised. To me this just shows how disconnected the gun control crowd really is. Last time I checked, Virginia did not have a gun violence issue like say Baltimore, Chicago, or New Orleans. Virginia's gun murder rate is really low in comparison. Why would any gun control group care about what Virginia is doing considering there are better places to focus their efforts on.

But I guess they have the gun laws they want in Chicago and Baltimore, so why not spread the filth elsewhere. I mean it is working so well in those 2 cities, why not. I heard guns kill people on the internet, so it must be true right?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Let them piss on each other all day. They can both rot in hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    I think McAulife knew he was in a no win situation and took the best way out. he knew he was going to get killed in his next election in va. for going for more gun control. so he decided to strike a deal to save face. but that means he is not going to get any more money for bloomberg. He is betting he wont need Bloomberg's money next time. I want to know if Bloomberg will back another candidate to run against him in the primary next election cycle.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    It just proves what everyone already knows: that Bloomberg's gun "safety" group is really about confiscation and repealing the Second Amendment.

This is what we should remember and constantly hammer forth. The word "reasonable" has a different meaning to different folks. To them the Second Amendment IS NOT REASONABLE.

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    Let them piss on each other all day. They can both rot in hell.

This ^^^

For a while I though I might need to add a FLA or UT CCW permit to my VA one. This is a baby step in the right direction.

I haven't been following the circus in MD since escaping in 2013 and before SB281 went into effect. But, I hear about the HQL that friends (aka prisoners) are dealing with.

Only have to worry about are what firearms I want to buy and where to get the $$$. Bought 1911 online Monday and my FFL had it yesterday. All cash and carry. He has an outdoor range I can "test" it out on while he runs the 4473.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I think McAulife knew he was in a no win situation and took the best way out. he knew he was going to get killed in his next election in va. for going for more gun control. so he decided to strike a deal to save face. but that means he is not going to get any more money for bloomberg. He is betting he wont need Bloomberg's money next time. I want to know if Bloomberg will back another candidate to run against him in the primary next election cycle.

A governor of Virginia can only have one term. He can't run again unless someone else is governor first. Law leftover from the hand slapping Virginia got during desegregation.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Another theory. Maybe he did this to try and look more "reasonable" on gun control, at least to fudd crowd standards, in preparation for balancing out Hillary's ticket in the VP slot. McAuliffe has always been the Clintons' bitch boy.

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    Another theory. Maybe he did this to try and look more "reasonable" on gun control, at least to fudd crowd standards, in preparation for balancing out Hillary's ticket in the VP slot. McAuliffe has always been the Clintons' bitch boy.

This is a pretty good theory.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    there was also a bill sitting not he speakers desk that had enough votes to remove the funding of the Gov protection detail.

Why doesn't Bloomberg announce that he's going to lead by example and voluntarily give up his own? Fewer guns is a good thing -right, Mike Bloomberg?

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    A governor of Virginia can only have one term. He can't run again unless someone else is governor first. Law leftover from the hand slapping Virginia got during desegregation.

I stand corrected. but there is always another election of higher office after his term as governor is up. these dems are always looking for the next job unless they lose an election.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I had the great pleasure of snubbing McAuliffe's staffers and members of his administration this evening. Won't go into details, but they can all eat shit. He's no Owe'Mao, but he's certainly aspiring. Here's to hoping the legislature rips his budget to pieces.

Nothing but a pathetic, carpetbagging POS.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I had the great pleasure of snubbing McAuliffe's staffers and members of his administration this evening. Won't go into details, but they can all eat shit. He's no Owe'Mao, but he's certainly aspiring. Here's to hoping the legislature rips his budget to pieces.

Nothing but a pathetic, carpetbagging POS.

Bravo! :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom