• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I think some people like starting threads to stir the pot and walk away from it laughing.... No need for that many AR (NFA) lowers......sorry I don't believe you.

thai

May 8, 2013
    Yeah, that is me. I stopped keeping track after 15K. I have 7 pre SB281 AR rifles.

I just SBR'd two of them. I have decided that I made a mistake of using 2 pre-ban lowers for SBR's. I want to build a couple ultra lite AR-15s. And I want to free up some of those pre-ban lowers. So, now I want post lowers for all of my SPRs and match mid length rifles and subsequent SBRs.

I hope to have 4 to 6 lowers left over to submit every two years if I do not purchase any other NFA items. When I want something I do my research, figure my budget, and make my decision with immediate action. I hate to procrastinate.

I had 15 firearms before SB281, now it's 35 to 40. Hooray for 2A restrictions!

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Our lowers are $120 per, but we will NFA engrave for $10 additional per lower if you're looking at that quantity. I don't think you can beat that for laser engraving done before you pick up the lowers.

Nate

thai

May 8, 2013
    I don't know where you are, but Free State had a bunch of stripped lowers when I was in there last night. They usually carry Anderson as well, which can generally be had for a good price.

Thanks, I will check with them. At $50-75 OTD as was quoted by people around the forum, that is cheaper than ordering from outside.

That CNC is pretty damn slick. I may have to think pretty damn hard on it. I am ordering another safe, a Sturdy 3627-6 model to compliment my current one. I may be reaching my limit for the season.

thai

May 8, 2013
    Our lowers are $120 per, but we will NFA engrave for $10 additional per lower if you're looking at that quantity. I don't think you can beat that for laser engraving done before you pick up the lowers.

Nate

Thanks Nate. I will consider it. It is just that, at that price for 10 ,the CNC iDea looks pretty damn good.

thai

May 8, 2013
    If you are doing 15 lowers, go 80% and get one of these:

https://www.ghostgunner.net/

Cheaper in the long-run, plus you can sell the CNC when you are done.

Can a few people purchase this together and all owners have the right to legally use to complete their 80%?

My brothers are short of funds and I don't mind shouldering the full cost initially if there are no legal issues.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Can a few people purchase this together and all owners have the right to legally use to complete their 80%?

My brothers are short of funds and I don't mind shouldering the full cost initially if there are no legal issues.

IMO you get awfully close to Manufacturing for ATF purposes with their rulings on CNC build parties

ETA: if you do go that way, we'd still be happy to do any necessary engraving on the 80s of you go that route!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom