• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    My kids just got back. It is in North East, and on the river. Few hundred acres. Kids appeared to really like it, both were there five nights. Lots of things to pick to do. Very nice facilities.

My girl 11, I knew would be no issue. My boy 10 who never really balked at going, I found out was crying the first night. The counselors worked with him about being away. When I picked them up, my boy was showing me things at the camp, said it was fun. So he took a couple days to settle in, but made it.
    He enjoyed the archery.

The campers are aged in to early teens. For a teenage boy, it is a target rich environment, had to be 60+ percent girls..

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    My kids just got back. It is in North East, and on the river. Few hundred acres. Kids appeared to really like it, both were there five nights. Lots of things to pick to do. Very nice facilities.

My girl 11, I knew would be no issue. My boy 10 who never really balked at going, I found out was crying the first night. The counselors worked with him about being away. When I picked them up, my boy was showing me things at the camp, said it was fun. So he took a couple days to settle in, but made it.
    He enjoyed the archery.

The campers are aged in to early teens. For a teenage boy, it is a target rich environment, had to be 60+ percent girls..

Get him into an active scout troop. He will be going camping once a month and will get over that quickly. My son has been all over the country, Canada, Bermuda, Jamaica, and England with both the scouts and the MD State Boy Choir. He looks forward to the trips and can't wait to go. He has been going on tour and traveling since age 7. He is now 14. He is camping this week somewhere in CT with the troop.

So the real question, was it harder for mom and dad than your boy?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Get him into an active scout troop. He will be going camping once a month and will get over that quickly. My son has been all over the country, Canada, Bermuda, Jamaica, and England with both the scouts and the MD State Boy Choir. He looks forward to the trips and can't wait to go. He has been going on tour and traveling since age 7. He is now 14. He is camping this week somewhere in CT with the troop.

So the real question, was it harder for mom and dad than your boy?

Not hardly! :D Only in the wallet..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom