• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...-417189033.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_DCBrand

tl;dr 18 year old honors student (female) planned a rampage with a shotgun and explosives to take place next month. A concerned parent called it in and the police found a shotgun, ammunition, pipes, endcaps, explosives manufacturing materials, etc. along with documentation stating how she was going to carry out the attack etc.

She's being given a psych eval and will be charged on release from the hospital.

Edit: Should be "Thwarted." Apparently I can't spell today.

VTHokies

Aug 26, 2016
    Bel Air
    Well that is terrifying...glad they found it in time. I wonder what information the "concerned parent" had that tipped off law enforcement.

Texas

Villiage Idiot
    Nov 16, 2016
    Accokeek
    Counting seconds until someone posts "repost" rudely. There is a press release in another thread but good looking out.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Fortunately, MDS is pretty good on reporting things. They could probably compete with the MSM without even trying, lol.

Q

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    ha !

Attachments

• dupe PD.jpg
      dupe PD.jpg
      19.4 KB · Views: 386

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Some April domestic terror attacks -

Virginia Tech Shooting
    April 16, 2007

Oklahoma City bombing (meant to coincide with the April 19 Waco raid in 1993)
    April 19, 1995

Columbine High School shooting
    April 20, 1999 (Hitler's bday is also April 20 - forget if this date was chosen for this reason)

Without law enforcement sharing her journal, it's unclear why Wednesday, April 5 was selected by the 18-yr old. It could be that it was most logistically advantageous in executing her plan. The FNP article suggested that she had personal problems, which I'm guessing were school based, given her decision to plan an attack there.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Normally this is just a weekend party, on how to get rid of a tree stump, in that area.

With the humor out of the way, I'm happy that they caught this, before it could actually occur. I have concerns about how the firearm was legally acquired and not noticed by the parents, the ammo, and what looks like the explosives for the pipe looking devices. I really hope that the person gets the help that they needs and is able to integrate successfully back into society. Unfortunately reintegration is going to be a uphill battle.

Another concern I have is the possibility of the individual being the recipient of bullying/harassment. Generally speaking, if there is bullying/harassment in the school system, it is whitewashed and never dealt with, other than a BS mediation, which only makes it worse. After the BS mediation, the person that is engaging in the bullying/harassment, usually starts getting smarter about how to keep doing it, without getting in trouble. Sometimes, these kids feel that an act like this is their only means of getting out of the bullying/harassment cycle. I'm not saying that going this route is correct, but unless you have been in their shoes, you can't see how they would see this as the only solution to make it stop.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    Someone explain how she received a no bond release? Yay Maryland. This state. Smh

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom