• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    At the range today heard something not right, thought it was just the military surplus ammo, put another round down range and saw it strike the dirt at the base on my target.

Pulled off the suppressor and said, that's not right. Well, it's off to AAC for inspection and repairs.

fc4b70f1473ba0ca569658cf57e73202.jpg
    90865237fc78a375fc73b9d0c0b12f23.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    Which can is that?
    Also interested to know the bbl length and attachment (breakout vs flash hider)
    Prices on new AAC cans like the M4-2000 have collapsed, may fall more.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Well that sucks. For your sake, I hope it's just the end and not the baffle stack. Are the end caps not replaceable on those AAC cans?

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Depending on can. The rifle caliber's are welded on. And some of the pistol units have screw on caps.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I had the same thing happen with my Silencerco Specwar. I mailed it to them and they sent it back repaired, in less than a week. No charge.

I hope AAC treats you as well.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    More info please if you don't mind sharing.

Hope it's not bad.

SD 7.62

Basically it was all on me. I cross threaded it when I put it on and didn't realize it. First shot I got a little shrapnel in the face. Didn't know what happened like I said thought it was bad ammo. Took a second shot same thing in the face. Because the suppressor wasn't on correctly it was sending metal back out at me from the mount. Had mounted with the breakout mount in a Sig 716 shooting 7.62x51 147gr military surplus don't know the brand off the top of my head I'd need look at the box. Got it in a trade from someone for a differently caliber.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Just as an aside, it's always a good idea when trying 'new' ammo through a can, try it without the can first to make sure it shoots straight.

I realize this was not the case here.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Just as an aside, it's always a good idea when trying 'new' ammo through a can, try it without the can first to make sure it shoots straight.

I realize this was not the case here.

You're presuming the shooter is able to shoot straight. Present company excluded of course. :cool:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    75 yards+suppressed+bipod+prone=deer goes down. And I was aiming for the little circle this wasn't big bullseye shooting low.

ee1823162ca76b6c7439a31fd36032a0.jpg

And you missed with 3 of your shots...:innocent0

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    Is this the first time shooting with the can? Sounds like several shots were striking the baffles ("First shot I got a little shrapnel in the face...Took a second shot same thing...)"

I would check the flash hider/brake. Was the barrel re-threaded or the hider/brake threaded on wrong?

I don't see how it's possible to mount the AAC can incorrectly due to operator error. I've got like a box of them and have been shooting them for years. Not possible to screw it up.

Strongly suggest looking into the ammo or at the hider/brake.

It still screws on, the teeth just lock it in place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom