• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Recently the TMGN, and more specifically Nicole, Brian, and Dalton, helped me with a number of firearm transfers I needed to make. Not only did they make the process nearly effortless, but they went out of their way to make it an enjoyable experience. Definitely the place to go!

+1 regarding the smooth FFL transfers at TMGN. Nicole was fantastic about keeping you updated on the status of the paperwork (my last purchase was before the new electronic system went live) and the transfer fee for me as a member of TMGN was also great. I would definitely use them again.

Cal68

MGN is a very nice facility, the only thing I don't care for is the noise and the wait times. Maybe its just me but every time I go there is a wait 10-20 mins at minimum. They have a great selection of rentals and staff for the most part is very nice. I did notice an RSO who was more interested in checking out the ladies a booth down from us, then watching a idiot in another booth who was all over the place and twice pointed his gun at his other person. Etc Etc. Again nice place and very comparable with other ranges in the area. However my favorite will always be Heritage hands down. Although I heard that now at Hendershots in Hagerstown you have to buy a membership to shoot there? is this true?

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    MGN is a very nice facility, the only thing I don't care for is the noise and the wait times. Maybe its just me but every time I go there is a wait 10-20 mins at minimum. They have a great selection of rentals and staff for the most part is very nice. I did notice an RSO who was more interested in checking out the ladies a booth down from us, then watching a idiot in another booth who was all over the place and twice pointed his gun at his other person. Etc Etc. Again nice place and very comparable with other ranges in the area. However my favorite will always be Heritage hands down. Although I heard that now at Hendershots in Hagerstown you have to buy a membership to shoot there? is this true?

I have not heard it from them but I've heard that from two other people recently besides you.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    Nicole is the cat's meow! Very knowledgeable, responsive, and professional. I love the facility, but she is the best FFL transfer manager tan I've ever dealt with. She makes the difference for me.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Hendershots has a range?

The Machine Gun Nest is a nice facility with good staff but definitely not the first place I would go to buy as they have a very limited selection.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Hendershots has a range?

The Machine Gun Nest is a nice facility with good staff but definitely not the first place I would go to buy as they have a very limited selection.

Yeah, Hendershots took over the store space adjacent to them when that tenant moved out over a year ago. I've not shot there but looked in on it. It looked nice but I don't think it's more then 15 yards max...at least it looks like a shorter distance than 25 yards. I initially heard it was going to be just for customers to try out firearms they were interested in buying but after it opened I guess they just figured why not.

Regarding TMGN, they stock some of the most popular stuff for sale but they can order pretty much anything you want.

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    I was there yesterday at lane 3. On lane 2, there was this .50 cal where shooters took turn shooting. I pity the Isis guy who is in front of this mighty rifle.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Imma try to squeeze some range time in tonight. My membership expires in July so I guess I'll renew while I'm there.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Anybody shooting the match tomorrow (Thurs) night? I shot 10 or so of the matches last year but got busy with work so I had to stop going. This will be my first match of 2017, sad to say!

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Do they require ear muffs? I prefer ear plug only. I can not shoot rifles with the ear muffs on. I'm about done at the other Frederick place.

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    Yes, you can wear just ear plugs of any type ie: foam plugs, surefire inserts, custom made ear plug inserts etc etc. As long as you are wearing some sort of hearing protection and you are happy with it, you will be GTG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom