• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    it doesn't say to sign it so I didn't

I think I'm taking the same approach. Surprised that they didn't send a letter or any guidelines or safety reminders... just the card in an envelope. That's fine by me, I guess. Thanks for the recommendation, Swinokur... can't wait for the next visit to PA :thumbsup:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If they want us to sign them, either print it on the card or in a letter as you point out.

Why would a state that requires no training, no prints, or no picture require a signature?.

:D

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    Mailed mine 2/23. Received it in the mail yesterday 3/27 (Checked cashed 3/24). Mine is good until 3/31/22, Issued 3/23/17. I may have gotten lucky bc my birthday was yesterday so right when issued. Looks like I got the full 5 years.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Ok so color me as a dumbass.:o
    My wife tells me that an envelope from New Hampshire showed up today, I told her to open it an see when the expiration date was and guess what..... No permit in the envelope, my app, check, and an explain action letter were in the the envelope. For some reason I forgot to put a date on the check and my application wasn't processed, the check was highlighted where I had forgot to date it.
    So my wife is going to put a new dated check with the app back in the mail tomorrow.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    My wife tells me that an envelope from New Hampshire showed up today, I told her to open it an see when the expiration date was and guess what..... No permit in the envelope, my app, check, and an explain action letter were in the the envelope. For some reason I forgot to put a date on the check and my application wasn't processed, the check was highlighted where I had forgot to date it.
    So my wife is going to put a new dated check with the app back in the mail tomorrow.

DOH

That sucks

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    i got my yesterday. the only thing i don't like about the NH permit is it doesn't say concealed carry or ccw on the permit. i am afraid it could be confused for a license to own or buy a firearm like the hql, rather than a permit to carry a firearm. having it say pistol/revolver license is very vague especially when i will be carrying in other states other than NH.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    it's a license to CARRY. . Knowing the law of the state you're in will solve the problem of the method as long as reciprocity exists.

NH has no license to simply possess.

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    it's a license to CARRY. . Knowing the law of the state you're in will solve the problem of the method as long as reciprocity exists.

NH has no license to simply possess.

i agree with what you are saying. i know its a license to carry. but try convincing an officer on the side of the road in a state other than NH when he thinks otherwise. its just my opinion. other ccw permits say on the permit its a ccw permit. this just say "pistol/revolver license" either way its a hypothetical. it may never happen. it wont stop me from carrying i just would like to avoid an issue if i am ever stopped

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    My CT permit says the same thing. Most states do not issue permits to possess.

I know NJ and IL do but that's a small number.

i don't see a problem here.

just my .02

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    mailed mine the beginning of April. Came back about 10 days later- forgot to write the reason for requesting one. D'oh!! Luckily, my friend SWinokur helped me. I resent and just received it in the mail yesterday. So, less than a month.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Got mine in about four weeks. Easy as pie. My folks live in PA, so does sister in law, got a wedding coming up in Philly and a two day class in May. So I spend quite a bit of time in PA. Definitely worth having now that Utah permit is no bueno there.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Yessir

congrats brother. Go forth to PA and carry!

My wife is from Pittsburgh and her brother still lives in Mt. Lebo. He carries.....and now I can, as well. Effn A!! my first. Anyone have a good tip on a conceal carry holster for a Glock 17 Gen4? Need to cover the trigger- duh. I know. Will get a 43 sooner than later, I think

If I try to carry a Redhawk, will it make me look fat or just look like The HedgeHog- for those of you who know to whom I am referring :)

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Holsters are a very personal piece of gear. Do you want IWB, OWB, retetention material?

it's not that simple.

I have Serpas, Milt Sprks, a couple Safailands, and Supertucks.

depends on the venue I am carrying in.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    gotcha. I will look them up. As long as they do not make me look fat.. :) Thanks again for your help swinokur!!

GoldGunsGirls

May 30, 2012
    Rockville
    My CT permit says the same thing. Most states do not issue permits to possess.

I know NJ and IL do but that's a small number.

i don't see a problem here.

just my .02

Small correction. NJ issues an "FPID" - Firearm Purchasers Identification Card. It is necessary to purchase a firearm. Ownership is completely unrestricted as long as it is not subject to their AWB.

From a practical standpoint however, many police treat the FPID as a defacto "permit to possess" and it's worth your while to have one if you ever travel with a gun in the car.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    My permit arrived sometime this week, postmarked May 1, after my stupidity listed below. Now I don't go back to Ohio until Tuesday, but at least now I can take back my firearm.:thumbsup:

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Holsters are a very personal piece of gear. Do you want IWB, OWB, retetention material?

it's not that simple.

I have Serpas, Milt Sprks, a couple Safailands, and Supertucks.

depends on the venue I am carrying in.

Versacarry has some very functional holsters in both leather and plastic. Got some leathers at 50% off. Now the plastics are on sale. Worth checking out

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    My wife is from Pittsburgh and her brother still lives in Mt. Lebo. He carries.....and now I can, as well. Effn A!! my first. Anyone have a good tip on a conceal carry holster for a Glock 17 Gen4? Need to cover the trigger- duh. I know. Will get a 43 sooner than later, I think

If I try to carry a Redhawk, will it make me look fat or just look like The HedgeHog- for those of you who know to whom I am referring :)

Versacarry has some very functional holsters in both leather and plastic. Got some leathers at 50% off. Now the plastics are on sale. Worth checking out.

http://www.versacarry.com/products/...astic_55)&mc_cid=7dd6d43973&mc_eid=d98fd135d7

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom