• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Howdahs are cool, basically the last ditch defense against dangerous game 100 years ago, I understand why they chambered it as they did, but would rather have one in a larger caliber. About the only thing it would suck at is protection aggainst 2 legged animals, no doubt 2 rounds of 45LC would be effective, just hope you don't need 3.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    You know, it's probably better than nothing. But I'm going to want a few more rounds available to me for a defensive weapon. Not knowing what I'm going to be going up against, I don't want to have to break open the shotgun and have to fumble around, getting 2 more rounds in the chambers. then having to do it all over again if I still have a threat coming towards me.

Like I said, it's better than nothing, but I'd rather have a 12 or 20 ga pump shotgun or my ideal defensive weapon is still going to be a semi auto pistol with at least 10 rounds in the mag, with 1 more mag in my hip pocket.

YMMV

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The sound of the "click" as the action locks is a deterent.... bad guy only sees two barrels of a shotgun at him. Its not an anti-terrorist weapon. Most bad guys run vs fight.

So you're hoping there's only 1 bad guy and he will run at the sound of the action closing? I think that most bad guys wouldn't know what that sound is. Now if you want a universal sound that everyone knows, try racking a pump shotgun.

But personally, I don't want the bad guy(s) to know my location. I'd much rather know theirs.

Just remember that it's better to have too much fire power than to wish you had more fire power. There are no participation trophies for coming in 2nd in a gun fight.

Sewer Rat

Ultimate Member
    If you read the NRA publications (hunter or rifleman), the armed citizen reports.... they run.

Most of the bad guys are not ninjas... are not SEALS.... are not assasins.... they are predators looking for an easy mark.

Am not disagreeing regarding firepower, we have several "big-bad-wolf" deterrents with extra mags... BUT there are some who find these "just the ticket". Does it make them wrong? Does it make them any less a firearms owner? No. Its just thier style. Like ARs for home defense vs handguns vs shotguns vs bazookas.... its all the same, just not your style.... so why diss it?

I now want one... just because

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Get a Taurus Judge: 5 shots of your choice of .410/.45LC and available for holster carry.

I have never liked the coach gun concept in a world where you can have 5-6 shots in a small transportable package.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    If you read the NRA publications (hunter or rifleman), the armed citizen reports.... they run.

Most of the bad guys are not ninjas... are not SEALS.... are not assasins.... they are predators looking for an easy mark.

Am not disagreeing regarding firepower, we have several "big-bad-wolf" deterrents with extra mags... BUT there are some who find these "just the ticket". Does it make them wrong? Does it make them any less a firearms owner? No. Its just thier style. Like ARs for home defense vs handguns vs shotguns vs bazookas.... its all the same, just not your style.... so why diss it?

I now want one... just because

If you think the stories in the Armed Citizen reports are the only way it happens, you're sadly mistaken. The bad guy win a lot too. Why do you always want to take your examples to the extreme? I'm not saying they have to be anything special, but let 3 bad guys break into your home who are hell-bent on doing harm, you'd be a fool to think that any double barrel shotgun (much less a 410) is going to save you.

Anyone who will trust their lives to a 410 double barrel shotgun is either a fool or knows just enough to get themselves killed. If by saying that it's not my style, you mean I'm trying to give better advice than to just trust your life with this type of firearm, just because the bad guys aren't ninja, seals or assassins, you are correct.

Where do you come off judging my comments with your sideways point of views? Where did I say that anyone is less of a firearms owner in any of my comments? How dare you try to twist my words to help fit your narrow point of view. Stop it.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Get a Taurus Judge: 5 shots of your choice of .410/.45LC and available for holster carry.

I have never liked the coach gun concept in a world where you can have 5-6 shots in a small transportable package.

There's only 1 other firearm that would be worse advice to give Harry Homeowner than a 410 double barrel shotgun. That would be a 410 single barrel shotgun. In todays age and technology, why would anyone chose a firearm like this to protect themselves and their family from the big, bad, boggie man?

I can't agree more with your comment. Why would anyone limit their protection to this type of firearm?

Jagzilla

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 5, 2013
    There is no reason to own one for self defense. Would make a terrible firearm for hunting. Likely it won't be cheap.

And I want one the moment I can buy it here in the People's Republic. A non-AOW SxS that uses modern ammo. Yes. Please.

How do I make this happen?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Pretentious much? Maybe you should read your attacks, and maybe you should be the one growing up. Nice way to ruin a thread.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Funny you are. This is big boy's pants time. If you think that was attacking you, then you were probably in DC on Saturday.

Now there's an attack. :thumbsup:

Sewer Rat

Ultimate Member
    Funny you are. This is big boy's pants time. If you think that was attacking you, then you were probably in DC on Saturday.

Now there's an attack.
    Lol your debate skills are on par with your comprehension skills, which is on par with your humor. Non-existent. Again, thanks for ruining the thread. Now grow up and stop it.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom