• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Silent Partner

Nov 18, 2015
    The Hereford Zone
    http://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/sweeping-reforms-expected-soon-for-baltimore-police

Meanwhile, Police Commissioner Kevin Davis says his department is down several hundred officers compared to five years ago. Last year’s unrest has hurt recruitment efforts and according to Davis, “We had to cancel academy classes in 2015.”

I guess so when the mayor & commissioner will not back rank & file.

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    http://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/sweeping-reforms-expected-soon-for-baltimore-police

Meanwhile, Police Commissioner Kevin Davis says his department is down several hundred officers compared to five years ago. Last year’s unrest has hurt recruitment efforts and according to Davis, “We had to cancel academy classes in 2015.”

I guess so when the mayor & commissioner will not back rank & file.

Makes sense to me why the numbers are low, Why would an officer want to put his life on the line, when there is the risk he will be put on trial for doing is job. This is probably inherent anywhere, but in Maryland, our leaders protect those who commit the crimes rather than those who put their life on the line to stop them.

I do find it funny though that public statements like this are made, Surely he is not that stupid that he cannot make the connection

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Makes sense to me why the numbers are low, Why would an officer want to put his life on the line, when there is the risk he will be put on trial for doing is job. This is probably inherent anywhere, but in Maryland, our leaders protect those who commit the crimes rather than those who put their life on the line to stop them.

I do find it funny though that public statements like this are made, Surely he is not that stupid that he cannot make the connection

Seriously. Law enforcement has got to have one of the worst risk/reward ratios of any profession, then you add the additional persecution of cops in a town like bmore. No wonder many say no thanks.

VTHokies

Aug 26, 2016
    Bel Air
    I am just happy Rawlings-Blake is gone. Imo the worst Mayor I have seen in my lifetime. Condoned the rioting in Baltimore and basically said the people committing violence towards police officers and burning buildings were within their rights. Nothing was going to improve with the police force until she was out the door.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I thought I heard something about the City Police Department requesting help from the MD State Police. Something about them wanting the MSP to do road patrol on the Jones Falls, from the beltway to President St. I wasn't watching TV, just heard the report from the other room.

Any confirmation?

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I thought I heard something about the City Police Department requesting help from the MD State Police. Something about them wanting the MSP to do road patrol on the Jones Falls, from the beltway to President St. I wasn't watching TV, just heard the report from the other room.

Any confirmation?

That's true. They are trying to free up Northern district officers

S&W19

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Baltimore County
    They'll lower the testing standards and hire based on political correctness guidelines.

Yep. I was saying when the Freddie Gray crap was going on that if people don't like the police they have, wait until they are replaced..
    Good, multi generational Baltimore City cops will leave in disgust and be replaced by the dregs. Then we will really have a nasty problem.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Yep. I was saying when the Freddie Gray crap was going on that if people don't like the police they have, wait until they are replaced..
    Good, multi generational Baltimore City cops will leave in disgust and be replaced by the dregs. Then we will really have a nasty problem.

Religion of Peace Officers.

GodOfVice

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    How about allowing the officers some freedom to actually do their jobs?!!

Cops like the rest of the world have a fear of being shot, accidentally screwing up, being sued or jailed ect.... Many have very little respect for them UNTIL they're needed.

I don't think it's the job it used to be and some idiot broadcasting "The cops acted stupidly" before he had the facts helped much either.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Talking earlier with the wife...

She was mentioning cordoning off areas of Chiraq, evacuating the innocent, and letting the problem take care of itself.

I reminded her we are still waiting to have Bodymore walled in, and then open the hydrants.

HAIL HYDRANTS!!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    How about allowing the officers some freedom to actually do their jobs?!!

But... but...black lives matters. Just about everything matters more to the locals, than the police of Baltimore city.

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    I'm already seeing help from outside agencies. Driving through Fell's Point yesterday, I saw a couple of MTA cruisers that had a responded to a call.

I just hope these guys police in the same manner that BCPD does.

PO2012

Oct 24, 2013
    They'll lower the testing standards and hire based on political correctness guidelines.

Already occurring. Almost no truly qualified candidates can be found. The new Officers hitting the streets this year and next are the lowest quality ever fielded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom