• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas

Villiage Idiot
    Nov 16, 2016
    Accokeek
    I am getting ready to apply for my FFL. I also need another LLC done. Then I need assistance with navigating Maryland zoning laws and I need to do an adoption for my stepson.

Anyone able to do a package deal for me?

Thanks,

Texas

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    For the zoning part you may want to consider an attorney the specializes in that area and knows the players. Trust me it makes a difference YMMV

thumbert

Mar 23, 2015
    SOMD
    I am getting ready to apply for my FFL. I also need another LLC done. Then I need assistance with navigating Maryland zoning laws and I need to do an adoption for my stepson.

Anyone able to do a package deal for me?

Thanks,

Texas

FFL, LLC and MD Business license can all be done on your own. As for MD zoning laws contact a Realtor. As far as an adoption for your stepson, how much are you asking for the kid? Maybe we can make a deal:lol2:

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Not sure what law Fabsroman does but ping him. After that I'd recommend Mr. Litt of Glick, Hameroff and Litt in Baltimore.
    Following that Brittany (sp?) Stouffer specializes in Firearms law.

Texas

Villiage Idiot
    Nov 16, 2016
    Accokeek
    Thanks all, the step-son has a large earning potential so I am going to have to go in excess of 100k.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Not sure what law Fabsroman does but ping him. After that I'd recommend Mr. Litt of Glick, Hameroff and Litt in Baltimore.
    Following that Brittany (sp?) Stouffer specializes in Firearms law.

You forgot to tell him to PM Charlie Foxtrot on the forum. He is also an IP in the legal area for Schaffer, Flores, and Black, here in Frederick. That firm defended MDS pro bono over the Fox incident.

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    Texas,

I work for a large firm in Baltimore that may be able to help. I'll send you a PM. I'm not an IP (although I did PM admins requesting more information) so if the mods feel it's against the rules to give him my information, please let me know.

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    For the zoning part you may want to consider an attorney the specializes in that area and knows the players. Trust me it makes a difference YMMV

A good lawyer knows the law, a great lawyer knows the judge, or in this case the zoning board

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I handle entity formations like partnerships, limited partnerships, LLC, corporations (i.e., S Corp & C Corp) and I handle any related tax elections that are required. I do it on a flat fee for a single member LLC. When there is more than one member, I do it on an hourly basis because that is when things get complicated.

I do not handle zoning matters, and as already mentioned, you want to hire somebody that does a ton of that work. Kind of like hiring an attorney to represent you on the Eastern Shore or in western Maryland where the towns are really small out there and every attorney knows every other attorney in the area and hunts, fishes, and shoots with them.

Texas

Villiage Idiot
    Nov 16, 2016
    Accokeek
    Thanks, I set up an LLC before my wife told me I was moving to Maryland. I may just have to figure out how to move it from Texas and put it in my wife's name.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Thanks, I set up an LLC before my wife told me I was moving to Maryland. I may just have to figure out how to move it from Texas and put it in my wife's name.

If you do not have to keep the LLC in existence to maintain business licenses or for property ownership purposes, the easiest thing might be to wrap it up in Texas and just start a new one in Maryland with your wife on the Operating Agreement as the sole owner. Otherwise, you can just do a quick transfer to your wife and register the LLC to do business in Maryland. I just have no idea what Texas LLC law requires as far as yearly fees, etc. In Maryland, you get to pay a yearly $300 fee with your Maryland Personal Property return for the pleasure of doing business in Maryland, and then a personal property tax to the county wherein any property owned by the LLC is located. There are exceptions to both the $300 fee and the personal property tax, but most LLCs pay them.

Edit to add: I cannot imagine coming to Maryland from Texas. My dream is to go to Texas. Think it would be a nightmare the opposite way around.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    You might as well get the zoning approval first. Without that, you won't get your FFL. Then the LLC, so your license will be correct when you apply. I had an LLC for almost 3 years before I went into business (non-gun related).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom