• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    The LWRC REPR is side-charged, which makes it much more pleasant to fire suppressed over the standard, rear-charged rifle.

Got mine in MD and they're not banned (yet).

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    You could go with crosshill technology's side chargers. I have the ambidextrous version so you ccan set it up left side or right side or both if you want too. I love it. It is a bit of a pain breaking it down for cleaning. Just cause of the extra steps but I don't mind.
    a35a07b318450e462fca6414f19967e5.jpg

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Perfectly legal! I own several match grade rifles with side charging handles. I have to say, I really like the ones from Precision Firearms. Fit and tolerances are better than any others I have used.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    It doesn't look like an HBAR profile barrel to me. If it's not, then it would only be legal paired with a pre-ban lower purchased (or from purchase order dated) before Oct 1, 2013.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Uh oh...

Attachments

• IMG_20130810_121143_061.jpg
      IMG_20130810_121143_061.jpg
      107.1 KB · Views: 1,127
    Last edited:

jrwhitt

May 27, 2012
    I have an ASA Side charger like Outrider58 - love it (But I grew up on the L1A1 so that charging method is second nature to me unlike the normal AR configuration)

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    Devil Dog looks like a worthy purchase for an existing AR,and I'll probably get one for my existing AR, question is can I build the PSA upper on a post FSA 2013 AR15 lower. It looks like yes, but someone mentioned HBAR barrel AR's only

Thanks for showing and suggestions for other side charging AR options.

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I have a 2Vets LRRP Side Charging AR and bought it here in MD last year. I personally really like the side charger over the standard rear charger.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    So, how does that modification work?

I have a Colt LE901 that I hate having the blow back when suppressed and would love to divert the gasses in that configuration.

I'm new at this issue and just looking for info here.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    ... question is can I build the PSA upper on a post FSA 2013 AR15 lower. It looks like yes, but someone mentioned HBAR barrel AR's only

FSA 2013 banned AR-15 configurations that were previously regulated. (HBAR was excluded from that).

Let's say that PSA upper was part of a rifle for sale today, and it doesn't have an HBAR profile barrel. You could not buy such a rifle today in the state of Maryland. You also cannot build such a rifle today in the state of Maryland on a post Oct 1, 2013 lower unless you bought that lower on a pre Oct 1, 2013 purchase order.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    FSA 2013 banned AR-15 configurations that were previously regulated. (HBAR was excluded from that).

Let's say that PSA upper was part of a rifle for sale today, and it doesn't have an HBAR profile barrel. You could not buy such a rifle today in the state of Maryland. You also cannot build such a rifle today in the state of Maryland on a post Oct 1, 2013 lower unless you bought that lower on a pre Oct 1, 2013 purchase order.
    Incorrect.

If it can use the same internal parts as a banned firearm, the new firearm is also banned. A side charger does not have any internal parts for the upper that can be used in a standard AR upper. As such, a side charger is not banned, no matter the barrel profile.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    The barrel on the OP's upper clearly looks to be heavy contour under the float tube from the gas block to the front of the receiver. The fact that the barrel is fluted also tells me that it is a heavy contour barrel. No one flutes a light contour barrel! Therefore, it is perfectly legal in the communist peoples republic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom