• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    The Press release is cute: "He's a good guy, known him 30 years, he say's he didn't do it".

Sounds like an open and shut case to me!

Wonder if they offer that kind of press release for everyone?

Only if it's on your own letterhead

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I took his change to be a reaction to the 2014 elections, and he wanted to ride the rising tide.

I don't know that for a fact, but it sure smelled funny.

Essentially correct. There is a little more to it, I will point you in the general direction of where he resides. Considering the relationships involved I find it highly unlikely that the States Attorney will pursue charges.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    So...wait a second here. Right there it says that she struck her husband. Why wasn't she arrested as well? I mean, when you look at the whole incident, she was trying to take his money, and she escalated the entire incident. Why is she the victim? Why isn't he the victim? It was HIS money clip - not hers. Why is she the victim when she was the one who was trying to take his personal items and escalated everything, to include striking first?

So much for equal rights. Either way that story is told - if you swap out who was who - it's still the guy going to jail.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Why the chip on your shoulder against LE?. He's innocent until proven guilty. Or does that only apply to non LE?

No chip, know lots of fine LEO both local and a few (eek!) in the MSP. It applies somewhat evenly, although we all know the "code", he probably shouldn't have been arrested at all. Pretty violent encounter by the sounds of it.

I'm just surprised the press release goes into the authors personal feelings about the Sheriff, not sure what that has to do with the facts.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    So...wait a second here. Right there it says that she struck her husband. Why wasn't she arrested as well? I mean, when you look at the whole incident, she was trying to take his money, and she escalated the entire incident. Why is she the victim? Why isn't he the victim? It was HIS money clip - not hers. Why is she the victim when she was the one who was trying to take his personal items and escalated everything, to include striking first?

So much for equal rights. Either way that story is told - if you swap out who was who - it's still the guy going to jail.

Perhaps because she is the one with noticeable injuries. reports said she had a bloody lip and a reddened and swollen eye.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008

Interesting point, but thats generally how it works. A good attorney will argue successfully that cash/money is joint property. I could see them arguing that once he held her against her will he escalated the argument, which he admitted to. Then became even more physical by throwing her into the wall.

I thought most LEO's were trained well enough not to answer questions immediately.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    No idea the circumstances, may or not be a 'there but for the grace of G-d go I' situation. I will offer thoughts and prayers to Sheriff Bateman and all involved for peace and strength.

That said, I can't help picturing a ne'er-do-well in a 'beater' answering a knock on the door with "go away, Batin". :D

p.s. thread title spelled wrong. :lol2:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Im not biting the troll bait. It stinks and always has.

Let it play out.

If you are acting as if you believe that LEO (and others in public positions) don't frequently walk away from sticky situations without a charge, no one believes it. :thumbsup:

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Perhaps because she is the one with noticeable injuries. reports said she had a bloody lip and a reddened and swollen eye.
    Based on the report, it sounds like it was self-defense after she struck him first. Question: if this altercation happened between two men, who would be going to jail charged with second degree assault?

I've always found it an interesting double standard - women want everything fair and equal unless it's in their best interests for it not to be.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Trollin, Trollin, Trollin.

That's fine I guess.

Classy move trying to counsel Swinokur on who he should and should not engage in conversation with though. :cop:

For those new to the MDS dynamic, "Trolling" includes anytime you disagree with status quo here. You don't agree? Must be a troll!:sad20:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I don't need Chad or anyone else counseling me. But at some point some people's contrariness becomes very tiresome.

i really don'rt care either way. it's the Internet.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Based on the report, it sounds like it was self-defense after she struck him first. Question: if this altercation happened between two men, who would be going to jail charged with second degree assault?

I've always found it an interesting double standard - women want everything fair and equal unless it's in their best interests for it not to be.

Women know how to play the system quite well. Telling the man to "leave the house" is the first que that the game is in motion. Thats a perfect tactic when the man has consumed some alcohol and listens. If the intoxicated man does not get violent for being kicked out of his home, and leaves on his own, the woman can always call 911 and tell them her husband is driving under the influnce.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I don't need Chad or anyone else counseling me. But at some point some people's contrariness becomes very tiresome.

i really don'rt care either way. it's the Internet.

None of my comments were counseling or correcting you at all. I cant ever recall having any disagreement with you. If I offended you I sincerely apologize.

Look at the post, I quoted him, not you.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    That's fine I guess.

Classy move trying to counsel Swinokur on who he should and should not engage in conversation with though. :cop:

For those new to the MDS dynamic, "Trolling" includes anytime you disagree with status quo here. You don't agree? Must be a troll!:sad20:

My trolling comment was all you. Nice try with the deflection.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    None of my comments were counseling or correcting you at all. I cant ever recall having any disagreement with you. If I offended you I sincerely apologize.

understood. no not you at all. i didn't take it that way. someone tried to change the subject away from his own posts.

not my first rodeo.

we're good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom