• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    Wish he had left out the word "only".....

Yeah, I noticed that too. Came across like a ton of bricks... :sad20:

gun control was "not the only solution."

What??? I'd say it is NO solution. Showing that gun control is a complete failure.
    Stop it, just stop trying to keep people from protecting themselves.

I'm sure Hogan doesn't think gun control is the answer or more of it is... just a strangely worded sentence. Or I read it wrong.

No. You didn't read it wrong.

Some will say it's OK if he still panders to the left.

I know we have the "Hogan can't do anything because of AG Frosh" crowd excuse, but Hogan needs to at least start talking about self defense rights and pushing the envelope. This statement he made just makes the word "RINO" come to mind.................

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I hope non of you are holding your breath for Larry Hogan to do anything but give lip service to the 2A community, he nothing but a common political windbag.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    MD should push for LEO's at every shopping center, business complex, and meeting place or simply the use of the Country's 2A. That might be a good financial perspective for the gov to push. ?

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Yeah, I noticed that too. Came across like a ton of bricks... :sad20:

No. You didn't read it wrong.

Some will say it's OK if he still panders to the left.

I know we have the "Hogan can't do anything because of AG Frosh" crowd excuse, but Hogan needs to at least start talking about self defense rights and pushing the envelope. This statement he made just makes the word "RINO" come to mind.................

Folks. We hear only..the left hears not.

Its classic...its politics..its what it is..

The first rule of politics...is like in the God father...never tell anyone exactly what you are thinking..

If he meant only..he would never say it.

If he wanted gun control he would never say that..

Its a meaningless statement..

And thats good.. because the easy play in MD is to f..k us over in public...still surprised he hasn't after that dust up during the election..

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'd prefer to have the entire statement by Hogan, exactly as he said it. What I get from the quotes assembled in the article was that there are solutions other than gun control, and they were being considered.

There's no way he could come out and say something like "we're going to arm the populace" without the populace wetting their collective pants; this is Maryland, after all. Nevertheless, he seems to realise that we're very high on the Target of Opportunity list, and I'm sure he'd much prefer some reasonable and acceptable means of limiting our risk.

Whether things have gotten bad enough to take giant steps is doubtful. That would probably require a serious attack within the state. No one but ISIS wants that to happen.

Hogan is in a tough spot; I don't envy him his job. That said, I think he's doing it as best he can, certainly far better than Not-Yet-President O'Malley ever did, or ever could. We're lucky to have had Hogan elected. Hogan himself may not feel quite so lucky about it, I suspect.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I'd prefer to have the entire statement by Hogan, exactly as he said it. What I get from the quotes assembled in the article was that there are solutions other than gun control, and they were being considered. There's no way he could come out and say something like "we're going to arm the populace" without the populace wetting their collective pants; this is Maryland, after all. Nevertheless, he seems to realise that we're very high on the Target of Opportunity list, and I'm sure he'd much prefer some reasonable and acceptable means of limiting our risk. Whether things have gotten bad enough to take giant steps is doubtful. That would probably require a serious attack within the state. No one but ISIS wants that to happen. Hogan is in a tough spot; I don't envy him his job. That said, I think he's doing it as best he can, certainly far better than Not-Yet-President O'Malley ever did, or ever could. We're lucky to have had Hogan elected. Hogan himself may not feel quite so lucky about it, I suspect.

I'm not by a computer at the moment, but I think WNEW has the quote. It was recorded at Jimmy's in Fells Point.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    I'd like to personally thank the Governor for "allowing" me my Second Amendment Rights per the Constitution. Just like it was intimated he would by several leading organizations prior to his election. Considering our State basically encompasses the hub of the Federal Government which is the #1 target of any terror organization I feel particularly safe knowing he is on the job. I'm overjoyed that he exercised his Executive Authority and directed the MSP to allow Self defense as Good and Substantial reason for a concealed carry permit.

Yeah.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    It embarrasses me to read all the pissing and moaning about how we're denied our rights, because I'm as guilty as most here in failing to oppose the Progressive takeover of the state, until it got to the point where it could not be ignored.

It's going to be a long hard road to regain what was lost.

Sneering at the efforts of those trying to right the wrong is not helpful. Something the size of, say, an aircraft carrier, is not going to turn on a dime. There's an awful lot of momentum to deal with to alter the course of events.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    It embarrasses me to read all the pissing and moaning about how we're denied our rights, because I'm as guilty as most here in failing to oppose the Progressive takeover of the state, until it got to the point where it could not be ignored.

It's going to be a long hard road to regain what was lost.

Sneering at the efforts of those trying to right the wrong is not helpful. Something the size of, say, an aircraft carrier, is not going to turn on a dime. There's an awful lot of momentum to deal with to alter the course of events.

:clap:

light12pdr

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2015
    When Governor Hogan said, "We've got to come up with better answers." This is good for us. I believe this is paving the way to allowing concealed carry here in Maryland. He is setting the stage. Remember, he is in his 1st term in this State. He has a lot to change and he wants to get re-elected. I understand him treading lightly.
    Any sane person (and I know the other side seems insane), understands that if at least one person in that California tragedy was armed, the outcome could have been different.

In my mind, concealed carry is the best defense for a citizen facing a situation like the San Bernardino incident. I am amazed that I am hearing more and more high ranking law enforcement officers advocating, what I perceive is, concealed carry to counteract active shooter incidents.
    I think the pendulum is swinging toward our side. If we want to change things , we need to band together and politely and respectfully advance our agenda.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    When Governor Hogan said, "We've got to come up with better answers." This is good for us. I believe this is paving the way to allowing concealed carry here in Maryland. He is setting the stage. Remember, he is in his 1st term in this State. He has a lot to change and he wants to get re-elected. I understand him treading lightly.
    Any sane person (and I know the other side seems insane), understands that if at least one person in that California tragedy was armed, the outcome could have been different.

In my mind, concealed carry is the best defense for a citizen facing a situation like the San Bernardino incident. I am amazed that I am hearing more and more high ranking law enforcement officers advocating, what I perceive is, concealed carry to counteract active shooter incidents.
    I think the pendulum is swinging toward our side. If we want to change things , we need to band together and politely and respectfully advance our agenda.

That, Sir, is a mighty fine 2nd post.

And I agree. Nothing will happen until reelection.

If Marylanders don't go stupid and elect another Democrat first.

Mr H

Banana'd
    That, Sir, is a mighty fine 2nd post.

And I agree. Nothing will happen until reelection.

If Marylanders don't go stupid and elect another Democrat first.

Geee...

Welcome back??

:rolleyes:

I've said it before... if he feels the climate is favorable after this session, I think we'll see some movement.

If not, then we should continue to see more small foundational changes, and have to keep working the public to put the word out that this just won't fly.

He can't afford to wait to a second term, because if Baltimorgue continues like this, he'll be hung with in the campaign.

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    Problem with Baltimore is I don't think CCW will change anything. It's Baltimore vs Baltimore with guns from John Doe from behind x building.

How do you fix Baltimore? No idea from me.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I guess all the naysayers would feel better if it were gov brownstain being quoted... :sad20:

Hogan never ran on a Pro 2A ticket to start with. He DID say he was not inclined to change gun laws... That's FAR better than what we could have been facing right now. So let's give the man a little respect for what he has done for us so far and be happy that things are not woefully worse at this point.

He does NOT see additional gun control as a viable means of reducing crime... That's a huge plus over most other Maryland politics. :thumbsup:

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Problem with Baltimore is I don't think CCW will change anything. It's Baltimore vs Baltimore with guns from John Doe from behind x building.

How do you fix Baltimore? No idea from me.

It must start from the top down... When a Mayor with a brain gets elected... We will see it change. Not until...

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    It must start from the top down... When a Mayor with a brain gets elected... We will see it change. Not until...

For hogan its always going to be a lose lose. :(

That's his biggest issue anything he does gets picked apart by Maryland.

I agree about hogan doing what he said he would do. I really like the guy and can't believe the amount of people that say he's just another politician because he's not rushing to change gun laws in Maryland. Bottom line. He told us what he was and was not going to do before he got into office. Now that he is there. I believe he's stuck to what he said he was going to do. That imo sets him apart from most politicians. Wish 2a guys would stop bashing him for not making the impossible happen. Baby steps, that's all he can do. Baby steps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom