Anyone have experience with FieldSport reflex sight?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Bought a Field Sport #RD-D002RG red and green reflex sight for my 5.56mm AR build to help the old eyes a little. Now for $25 I wasn't expecting miracles.

Took it to the range on outing number 1 and put 140 rounds downrange adjusting BUIS and zeroing the red dot.

During outing number 2, after about 100 rounds of nice tight grouping, rounds began going left and right. I checked the reflex by cowitnessing and found that after I would center the dot and fire a shot, it would again be off to one side or the other of center.

Amazon sent a replacement promptly and for that I am thankful. I am not sure the replacement will last any longer than the original.

I guess I would like to know if anyone here has one that has worked for any length of time.

My budget is limited as I am on a fixed income so I am looking to keep the cost down. I would welcome suggestions for a budget priced system that I can rely upon to work long term.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    cheapest sights I would dance with is sightmark, lifetime warranty and at least handles the recoil of AR. Anything cheaper and you get red dot dance.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I like the idea of a lifetime warranty. Looks like the Sightmark is what I need so I will need to save up a few bucks, first. I appreciate the input gents!

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I really would prefer to stay with a reflex sight on my AR for several reasons, but the primary reason is that is is my SHTF rifle, and I want the largest field of view possible.

My eyes don't work well anymore because of Grave's Eye Disease and the damage it has done to my eye muscles and optic nerves.

I have found the reflex type sights work best for me and still allow me to switch my focus without waiting for my eyes to work together.

If I look through a tube, it seems to make focusing very difficult. That would not be a problem if I was deer hunting(which I can no longer do) but any delay in focusing in a SHTF situation would not be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom