• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    https://www.massdrop.com/buy/34071

MD-34071_20170120135451_650538e45b3b3073.jpg

What I like about this knife: Best price available in this deal from Massdrop ($75, as opposed to next best deal I could find anywhere else, $100 Amazon).

Very strong sturdy knife, folder, not spring assist (so Maryland legal everywhere).

Good size, 4-5" are about the longest practical length for an EDC knife.

5mm blade thickness is perfect.

Tip down carry and small pocket clip. The shape of the pocket clip seems to aid in holding the knife.

Titanium bolsters, oversized (super strong).

The thumbhole will allow very quick and reliable opening.

Specs

Boker
    Designed by Charles Marlowe
    Blade: 440C stainless steel
    Handle: Micarta
    Liner lock
    Thumb hole
    Pocket clip for right-handed tip-down carry
    Blade thickness: 5 mm (0.2 in)
    Blade length: 4 in
    Overall length: 9.4 in
    Weight: 6.6 oz (187 g)

http://dro.ps/b/YVIfx79

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    No interest in this knife?

Some may balk at the 440c steel, but it's decent carbon steel, easy to sharpen and can get wicked sharp. Keeps the cost down. Boker does offer this same knife in a harder steel, but a big price increase.

I ordered one mostly because it's built really strong, is a great value, and I'm curious if I can flip it open with finger in hole technique.

Anyone interested in my review of it later?

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    "History
    What is a Barlow Knife?
    The term “Barlow” has two meanings when it comes to pocketknives. First, it is a style of pocket knife. Second, there was the Barlow company in the USA that made and imported pocket knives, key tags, money clips, and other quality gift products, and put your logo on them. If you are looking for either of these two “Barlow” destinations, you have come to the right place.
    1. What is a “Barlow” style pocket knife?
    A barlow style knife has one or two blades, a huge metal bolster, and a comfortable tear-drop shaped handle. The blade or blades are attached at the small end of the handle. Even though the first barlow knife was made in Sheffield England in the 1600’s, it was made by several American shops soon after, and has become just as American as “apple pie”. George Washington was known to have a barlow knife. Mark Twain referred to a “real Barlow” in his Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn in 1876. Barlows have long been gifts, treasured by young American boys. At least one song was written about the barlow knife.Mark Twain wrote about the barlow knife in Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer…
    “Mary gave him a bran-new “Barlow” knife worth twelve and a half cents; and the convulsion of delight that swept his system shook him to his foundations. True, the knife would not cut anything, but it was a “sure-enough” Barlow, and there was inconceivable grandeur in that – though where the Western boys ever got the idea that such a weapon could possibly be counterfeited to its injury, is an imposing mystery and will always remain so, perhaps.”
    – The Adventures of Tom Sawyer"

Necessary Evil

Sep 21, 2009
    Baltimore County
    I saw it but thought it was a little high for using 440 c steel. Looks really well made though , and I'm sure it would be a great knife. 6.6 Oz is a little heavier than I like for edc. Let us know how you like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom