• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I was:
    arrested -yes (why did you tell the FFL that?)
    Ffl - said then no (why did you tell the FFL you were arrested?)
    MSP-says yes (because arrested is not a conviction)
    I'm basing this on what the ffls said and what I thought the form said. The fll said if you have ever been arrested then no handgun. I think you are confusing arrested and convicted

I come here because it seems people know what they are talking about so it does get confusing when your told differently from the place your trying to give lots of money to

Here is what most of us are taking issue with... How does the FFL know you were arrested? Many of us are thinking that you are providing too much (or wrong) information to the FFL. There is nowhere on any paperwork where you are asked if you were arrested; only convicted or currently under indictment. Convicted means found guilty or pled guilty. Under indictment means you have been charged, but haven't gone to court yet/"out on bail".
    PBJ, found not guilty, charges dropped, etc. are not the same as a conviction, and should not be answered as "Yes".
    With all due respect... It appears that you are screwing yourself by not reading the form (or understanding it) when filling out the paperwork. I truly believe you are doing the right thing by getting opinions from others and coming to your own conclusion.
    One last thing... If you go back to those same FFL's and clarify that you were not convicted of the charge from xxxx years ago I'll bet they will submit the paperwork. In the future, remember this- it is no ones business whether you were arrested, only convicted.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I don't know where anyone is applying that PBJ equals a disqualifying action, it does not. Don't discuss your personal business with anyone, if you have a PBJ but were never convicted then you answer "No" which is the truthful response to the question. On CCW app in MD you do have to discuss those, but only if not expunged.

Justin B.C.

Walken is a scary clown!!
    Dec 25, 2012
    That's right, I always heard that if someone official asks you if you know what time it is the proper answer is: "Yes, I do" not "3:30 ;)

Bwahahaha

Yes, actually! :D I have dealt with offering too much to someone in an official capacity and having it bite me in the rear... Army taught me well once I got past being a know-it-all private! :bannana:

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    All this for pot pipe (i assume).. These laws are crazzy!!!!!!

Yeah it's crazy that people cant follow simple laws and then get upset when said laws prevent them from doing something non criminals can do.

Crazy.

Regardless of where you stand on the weed legal issue....people know it's illegal and continue to run the risk of getting caught. Dont get upset when you knowingly break a law and get caught and it later changes your life.

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    I can see their point of view- selling guns to law abiding citizens (no offense) is already a hassle; why voluntarily give yourself an unnecessary headache?

The question is "have you ever been arrested...". Despite working out the issue with MSP, the answer is still yes.

Unless it's expunged, then the answer is no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom