• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    September 9 and 10, 2017. Photos listed, looks like lots of good stuff. The like will always list the upcoming auctions.

http://reddingauction.com

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    GF is out of town so I'm a free agent. Will probably head up to Redding on Sunday and focus on smalls as I've spent my allowance for big ticket items this month.

Jul 1, 2012
    ... I've spent my allowance for big ticket items this month.

I know what you mean, brother!

Was scanning the flyer and :
    "37. Astra – Mod. 1916 – 6.35mm (25 ACP) Cal. Semi-Auto Pistol (CANNOT GO TO MARYLAND)"
    "38. Colt – Mod. Vest Pocket Model 1908 Hammerless – 25 ACP Cal. Semi-Auto Pistol – w/2” Barrel – Blued – w/Colt Hard Rubber Grips – w/Original Clip (CANNOT GO TO MARYLAND)"

Why the heck not? Did I miss the memo? :)

Sunday definitely looks like the good day... some really interesting stuff esp Civil War and earlier, plus buncha M1's, 1903's, Lugers...
    ooo... a JSAR 1941 too! and a Type 100... man, there's some really cool stuff...

sure to attract the "usual suspects" and make the bidding pretty stiff...

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Well? Did anyone find a deal

No real deals to be had yesterday IMO so I wasted $$$ on smalls. Some prices were fair market Id say for instance 3 SKS's all went for about 300. Good deal if you wanted one but not a steal, 12 dollar xfer and 6% sales tax, do the math.

I didn't stay past about 12 got bored. They DID have a beautiful C 96 restored that I would have used my CC on but wife drug me out because I promised Thai food. :o I'd like to know what it do go for though, I need it like a hole in the head but it was beautiful.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=Rmt2M3hWclJUM0x3VXg0eHlUbW5OVFdRdDROcEFn

IMO smaller auctions do much better for the buyer.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I know what you mean, brother!

Was scanning the flyer and :
    "37. Astra – Mod. 1916 – 6.35mm (25 ACP) Cal. Semi-Auto Pistol (CANNOT GO TO MARYLAND)"
    "38. Colt – Mod. Vest Pocket Model 1908 Hammerless – 25 ACP Cal. Semi-Auto Pistol – w/2” Barrel – Blued – w/Colt Hard Rubber Grips – w/Original Clip (CANNOT GO TO MARYLAND)"

Why the heck not? Did I miss the memo? :)

Sunday definitely looks like the good day... some really interesting stuff esp Civil War and earlier, plus buncha M1's, 1903's, Lugers...
    ooo... a JSAR 1941 too! and a Type 100... man, there's some really cool stuff...

sure to attract the "usual suspects" and make the bidding pretty stiff...

Yeah, I left after the smalls sold. The usual suspects were indeed there, though the crowd in the hall was thinner than usual. Got a Walther .22 conversion kit for my Husqvarna Lahti, a FN 1910 magazine and a batch of Swedish ammo. Not my best day as a collecting buddy and I fought over the Walther kit and I overpaid for the Swedish ammo. But in the scheme of things I didn't hurt the bank account too much. Helped make the early exit easier to do. Kept me from chasing one of the Winder Muskets and a neat Anschutz DSM-34 trainer.
    BTW, the Type 100 made me cry. Someone hacked off the bolt handle and replaced it with some home-made absurdity. Stock was a mess too. Rear sling loop was removed and wood filled. Stock was heavily sanded. Re-blued too.
    The SVT40 was Finn but the barrel had been shortened! Can anyone say SVT Tanker? It wasn't all bad, loved a nice Portuguese Luger and a Webley Wilkinson revolver. But nothing to go into hock for.
    I'll bet the 1908 cannot be sold because of Schaffer's Saturday Night Special legislation.

mstraus

Jul 23, 2009
    Frederick MD
    Gettysburg

Picked up some Nagant Ammo, nice leather pistol case and some AK Mags. Only thing I wanted but went to high were the M57 Mags went for more than retail.

I agree crowd was light and some of the front row regulars not there with deep pockets

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Picked up some Nagant Ammo, nice leather pistol case and some AK Mags. Only thing I wanted but went to high were the M57 Mags went for more than retail.

I agree crowd was light and some of the front row regulars not there with deep pockets

What did the C 96 Broomhandle go for if you know?

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I'll bet the 1908 cannot be sold because of Schaffer's Saturday Night Special legislation.

There were several last auction that were the same way. Little .25 and .32cal pocket pistols all saying "No transfers to MD!"

I looked at the photos when they first went up on the web and saw a few things that interested me, but not enough to drag me up there last weekend. I've got enough projects to keep me busy for a bit.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I've always wanted to go to one of these auctions, but never found the time. I'm set up to go to the Oaks Gun Show on the 6th, so I'm probably not going to make this auction either.

Thanks for the post!

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Some nice wheel guns on 10/1 (but I just stumbled on to the fact that it is this weekend...hate this "next" crap in the thread titles...need dates in titles)

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

Attachments

• pa_assn.gif
      pa_assn.gif
      4 KB · Views: 364

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members