• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I’ve shot deers legs off the first shot just to get one in em and then I follow it up by pumping their guts FULL OF LEAD! You don’t always get presented perfect broadside shots when hunting the east coast thickets

So you wait for that shot, not shoot their legs off and then pump their guts full of lead..........did you start a lot of fires as a kid? Wet the bed until 12?

Harvesting meat is the point but you should be ethical about it! Not attempt to wound then kill. I'm far from a PETA member but if I told my family , "Yeah he was far away so I just winged him on purpose to try and pump his guts full of lead". My father would smack the taste out of my mouth........I dunno I guess I was just raised right.......to each his own though :sad20:

Built2Grind

Dec 9, 2017
    Eastern Shore
    I never said i intentionally wounded deer first.. but was actually imposing if I see a 140+ inch deer and it doesn’t present a beautiful shot angle I’m not going to let it walk away if I have a high powered rifle in my hand . But your assumption was wrong , I didn’t piss the bed until 12 it was actually 13 and a half... geez.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I’ve shot deers legs off the first shot just to get one in em and then I follow it up by pumping their guts FULL OF LEAD! You don’t always get presented perfect broadside shots when hunting the east coast thickets

With this six word statement, your intention was to wound the deer first.

So you could stop them or slow them down.

So you could then begin pumping their guts FULL OF LEAD!

Then you go on to say you would take a marginal shot at a 140+ inch deer if you had a high power rifle in your hands. So it could not walk away.

Deer were not placed here for us to shoot AT them and wound them. They were placed here for us to KILL them and eat them. In an ethical manner.

Built2Grind

Dec 9, 2017
    Eastern Shore
    I said “I’ve” not “I” ...I don’t know how many years you’ve been out of grade school but , words DO have meanings ih8libs.... implying that under certain circumstances more than one shot was needed to kill the deer , that’s why it’s called hunting.

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    With this six word statement, your intention was to wound the deer first.

So you could stop them or slow them down.

So you could then begin pumping their guts FULL OF LEAD!

Then you go on to say you would take a marginal shot at a 140+ inch deer if you had a high power rifle in your hands. So it could not walk away.

Deer were not placed here for us to shoot AT them and wound them. They were placed here for us to KILL them and eat them. In an ethical manner.

Hear, hear. :thumbsup:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I said “I’ve” not “I” ...I don’t know how many years you’ve been out of grade school but , words DO have meanings ih8libs.... implying that under certain circumstances more than one shot was needed to kill the deer , that’s why it’s called hunting.

I tried to stay out of this discussion, but when you start degrading this thread with personal insults, I thought I'd give you my uneducated opinion.

YOU said YOU would shoot them in the leg to stop or slow them down. That's what YOU said, not what YOU inferred or a stipulation of intent. Your words, you own them.

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County

Kept reading and tried to stay out also, but I'VE expands to state I HAVE, not I WOULD have. How long have you been out of grade school? And, fyi, for me it's (it has) been 55 years.

I tried to stay out of this discussion, but when you start degrading this thread with personal insults, I thought I'd give you my uneducated opinion.

YOU said YOU would shoot them in the leg to stop or slow them down. That's what YOU said, not what YOU inferred or a stipulation of intent. Your words, you own them.
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Yikes.

The guy in the video at least tried for a humane kill.

As others have stated, I think the OP hit the deer with his first shot.

It looks like all kinds of things flew off that deer. Hair. Skull. Brains. I re-watched the video several times and couldn't see any debris kicked up behind the deer.

Almost as if he took a second deer, that still had a head, and used it to make the video. Personally, I don't think the air/pressure wave would drop a deer like that.

Myth Buster .50 BMG vs. Near Miss recreation in 3...2...1...

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    As others have stated, I think the OP hit the deer with his first shot.

It looks like all kinds of things flew off that deer. Hair. Skull. Brains. I re-watched the video several times and couldn't see any debris kicked up behind the deer.

I agree. He hit the deer somewhere in the head or neck. If he skinned the neck and head he would probably find the trajectory.

As to why you dont see a big gaping hole on the animal, a couple of possibilities come to mind:
    - .50 BMG is a big bullet, but it isn't excessively fast.
    - just not enough tissue traversed for any expansion to happen.

I wouldn't make too much out of not seeing the impact behind the animal. In fact, I would have expected an impact behind the animal regardless of whether he hit it or not.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I've watched a few Keith Warren videos. I seen him take some bad shots. Skyline ones. Using questionable equipment. The guy is a big mouth and not a help to positive hunting practices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom