• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sixfivesavage

Jun 30, 2011
    Jarrettsville
    Quick question, and I should probably ask in the other thread, but f I write down what I plan to say do I need to have 11 copies for everyone else to have?

G

George

Quick question, and I should probably ask in the other thread, but f I write down what I plan to say do I need to have 11 copies for everyone else to have?

You only need copies if you're submitting written testimony. You do not need copies if you plan on speaking your testimony.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    We need to call Alex Jones!!

I'm damn glad site seems to be back up, at least for now.

I mean this in the kindest way, because I have listened to Alex Jones, watched some of his documentaries, but he is the firebrand type that we don't need mucking up our local movement. I think he would hurt our credibility due to the controversy surrounding the main issues he openly discusses. Didn't you watch his interview on Piers Morgan? God Bless him, but he's best left doing his thing in Austin.

G

George

We have been sending out press releases. When I say we, I'm am talking about the group of people/groups organizing the rally!

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    I don't think we need Alex Jones or any particular news outlet.

Let's do our business. Every one of us needs to send 5-10 rounds of emails and show up on the 6th ready to stay all night.

I just fired off a round to Judiciary, Delegates and Senators. Take a second and do the same!

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=100704

Last edited:

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I mean this in the kindest way, because I have listened to Alex Jones, watched some of his documentaries, but he is the firebrand type that we don't need mucking up our local movement. I think he would hurt our credibility due to the controversy surrounding the main issues he openly discusses. Didn't you watch his interview on Piers Morgan? God Bless him, but he's best left doing his thing in Austin.

Yeah, Im well aware of Alex Jones, and his actions.

Im sorry I cant show sarcasm thru my phone. Other post was a partial joke.

I cant follow ANY ones motives when they get "to emotional" to actually have a conversation. I dont agree with the "because I can get louder, I have to be right"

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    Yeah, Im well aware of Alex Jones, and his actions.

Im sorry I cant show sarcasm thru my phone. Other post was a partial joke.

I cant follow ANY ones motives when they get "to emotional" to actually have a conversation. I dont agree with the "because I can get louder, I have to be right"

No worries, hon. By the way, you can always end your tongue in cheek comment with a '/s' to denote your sarcasm ;)

Mr H

Banana'd
    Del. Dwyer sent this around noon Friday:

Dear Second Amendment Defender:

Despite some rumors that the rally had been compromised or permits had been yanked- I want to assure each of you that the RALLY and HEARING is proceeding as scheduled. I have confirmed with DGS police that everything is in place and no one will be made to leave or denied entrance into the Lawyers Mall Courtyard or the Senate and House Buildings.

I spoke directly with Del. Dwyer for a while tonight, and he was adamant that Wed. is on, has to happen, and is critical.

Bono

Jan 8, 2013
    I have a well informed source in Annapolis and I can tell you that Obama is definitely coming. He is going to meet with the dems to persuade them to vote for MOM's gun bill. According to my source we need 25 dems to vote against this bill. Currently there are 22 out of those 25 who have said they will vote against it. So, MOM has called in Obama to persuade/threaten those who would vote against it. If you want to know the truth there was a good chance this bill would be defeated. Now that isn't so much a certainty. My source tells me this is par for the course and they may be lucky to get 7 of those 22 to stick with their promise to vote against it once Obama persuades/threatens them. I was sick to my stomach when I heard this tonight. I will still be there to fight against this bill on the 6th though and I hope everyone else still plans on doing the same.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I have a well informed source in Annapolis and I can tell you that Obama is definitely coming. He is going to meet with the dems to persuade them to vote for MOM's gun bill. According to my source we need 25 dems to vote against this bill. Currently there are 22 out of those 25 who have said they will vote against it. So, MOM has called in Obama to persuade/threaten those who would vote against it. If you want to know the truth there was a good chance this bill would be defeated. Now that isn't so much a certainty. My source tells me this is par for the course and they may be lucky to get 7 of those 22 to stick with their promise to vote against it once Obama persuades/threatens them. I was sick to my stomach when I heard this tonight. I will still be there to fight against this bill on the 6th though and I hope everyone else still plans on doing the same.

Your source would be wrong, he is attending the US Senate Democratic Retreat, and last time I checked, none of the US Senators in DC have anything to do with any bills in the MD Senate in Annapolis.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/blog/bal-obama-annapolis-20130201,0,1400432.story

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...2d69c2-6cb2-11e2-8740-9b58f43c191a_story.html

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    The Prez sked is normally classified, and planned well in advance. I believe this is just a ploy to keep pro-2A folks away. Just my 2c. We go as planned.

Not necessarily.

We heard about a "VIP" for the Georgetown/Duke game a few years ago. It was a pretty badly kept secret who was joining.

Sure enough, he waltzed in and sat court side like a king. Half the arena missed tip-off due to the security. Moral of the story, show up earlier than you planned.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Not necessarily.

We heard about a "VIP" for the Georgetown/Duke game a few years ago. It was a pretty badly kept secret who was joining.

Sure enough, he waltzed in and sat court side like a king. Half the arena missed tip-off due to the security. Moral of the story, show up earlier than you planned.

Same thing when he came to a Towson game last year because his brother-in-law was coaching the other team. We knew he was coming a good week in advance.

Bono

Jan 8, 2013
    Your source would be wrong, he is attending the US Senate Democratic Retreat, and last time I checked, none of the US Senators in DC have anything to do with any bills in the MD Senate in Annapolis.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/blog/bal-obama-annapolis-20130201,0,1400432.story

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...2d69c2-6cb2-11e2-8740-9b58f43c191a_story.html

I doubt he's wrong. He's on the Judiciary Committee. Believe what you want but everything my source has told me has come to fruition. Just like my source said, "MOM and Obama know which dems are against the bill just like republicans know". He (Obama) is coming to town to change their vote. I was in Annapolis today and several people confirmed he will be there.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I doubt he's wrong. He's on the Judiciary Committee. Believe what you want but everything my source has told me has come to fruition. Just like my source said, "MOM and Obama know which dems are against the bill just like republicans know". He (Obama) is coming to town to change their vote. I was in Annapolis today and several people confirmed he will be there.

Hopefully the MD dems are smart enough to listen to their constituents instead.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA

Indeed, and no bollocks, there's no reason as to why the president would come to Annapolis to try and persuade Maryland State Senators. The focus on the retreat is U.S. Senators, not State Senators. Federal level of government, not state. ;)

So he is coming, big deal. Proceed as planned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom