• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I tried out a slim handguard and I don't quite like it when I grip it with an overhand C grip. I find myself gripping it lightly, resulting in worse recoil control. I'm used to a quad rail, which is much thicker but it makes me get a nice strong grip and pull it into my shoulder to control recoil.

I was wondering from you folks who own AFG's, if this could be a solution to the slim HG grip. It seems like it would give a little more width to the gripping area.

Thoughts?

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    I run a BCM Gunfighter vertical grip on most of my slim Mlok rails. I mount it backwards which gives me really positive engagement with a C clamp grip, letting me pull the gun in towards me to control recoil, and gives me enough purchase to where I don’t feel like my hand is swallowing the rail. Also works well as a barricade stop.

https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcmgunfighter-vertical-grip-mod-3-m-lok-compatible-black/

Pic below to give you an idea of what it looks like.

Angled foregrips for some reason just don’t feel right to me on Mlok rails. I had a magpul AFG before I swapped to the BCM grip. The VFG gives me better dexterity and feels more natural to me. YMMV.

Attachments

• 08A6B32D-13CD-4545-B0D0-2881893A553A.jpg
      08A6B32D-13CD-4545-B0D0-2881893A553A.jpg
      66.7 KB · Views: 199

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I tried out a slim handguard and I don't quite like it when I grip it with an overhand C grip. I find myself gripping it lightly, resulting in worse recoil control. I'm used to a quad rail, which is much thicker but it makes me get a nice strong grip and pull it into my shoulder to control recoil.

I was wondering from you folks who own AFG's, if this could be a solution to the slim HG grip. It seems like it would give a little more width to the gripping area.

Thoughts?

It is a bit odd of a transition from a quad rail to a slim free float handguard. Especially some with large port holes. Some are lightened up way too much in my opinion, but back on track.

I like the magpul afg2’s. Yes , they do comfortably push your hand/grip down, but in a comfortable position. Takes a little bit to get used to, but changes the grip and gives you enough room to rest it on sand bags or whatever you choose.

Some afg get pretty wild with their design but magpul is a good one. My advice is keep it simple, as some will just have an odd feeling on your hand such as strike industries. I spent 35 dollars or so on their aluminum version and it just felt odd.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom