• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    In the Market for a new 22LR Rifle(Auto-loader or Bolt). I'm looking to spend no more then $300.00. I will not consider the Ruger 10/22! I'm looking at a Catalog and found a couple that appeal. The Remington M5 BA & the Charles Daly Superior ll. Any other suggestions?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I think that if I were in the market for a .22 right now I'd look at the T/C auto loaders or CZ bolt actions. The T/C I think is out of your price range but some models of the CZ are not. My CZ .22 hornet is a tack driver.

Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    K31 said:
    I think that if I were in the market for a .22 right now I'd look at the T/C auto loaders or CZ bolt actions. The T/C I think is out of your price range but some models of the CZ are not. My CZ .22 hornet is a tack driver.
    I went in Dicks today. Didn't see any Remingtons or Czs. Does Wal-mart carry either?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Another vote for the CZ452. I can't imagine that there is a more out-of-the-box-accurate .22lr in that price range.

Last time I shot it, I put 5 shots in the space of a dime at 25 yards.....and I'm not that good of a shot.

The Gun Rack is a CZ dealer so they may have some of the 452s in stock.

Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    :bullhorn: News Alert, Wal-marts in Baltimore County will no longer sell Firearms! Stopped in today at the White Marsh location, the Clerk in SG said it all ended last month. They will continue to sell Ammo, for now anyway. Before all is said and done only the Wal-mart Stores in Montana & Alaska will sell Firearms!

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    News Alert, Wal-marts in Baltimore County will no longer sell Firearms!

Allegedly Walmart has recruited un upper level executive from Target, who we all know is extremely anti-firearm.

I probably never would've purchased a gun from Wangmart, but you can be I'll never drop another dime there if they stop selling ammo or raise their prices significantly.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Spot77 said:
    Allegedly Walmart has recruited un upper level executive from Target, who we all know is extremely anti-firearm.

I probably never would've purchased a gun from Wangmart, but you can be I'll never drop another dime there if they stop selling ammo or raise their prices significantly.

From Target? With such great advise about satisfying their consumer base, I'm surprised it isn't the business manager of the Dixie Chicks.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    So'd you pick out something yet? For me it was the 10/22 that caught my eye. Would like to get a CZ452 one of these days, have not heard a single negative word about them.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I long resisted the 10/22 craze, but when my kids started showing interest in shooting, the 10/22 youth model was the obvious choice. Built on a regular full size receiver, the barrel and stock are shorter and can be changed as the kids grow.

madmattmd

Aug 17, 2006
    The Frozen North
    I recently bought a used (very good condition) Remington 512 tube feed bolt action for $125 from my local shop (Brownstone Trading just outside Westminster). I had been looking for something like this for a while and was pretty happy with the purchase. Bradley also had a Marlin with a vintage scope for about $150 and some other semi-autos for very good prices. I'd suggest checking for a nice used gun.

I was really surprised when I checked the markings on the Remington and discovered it was manufactured in October 1951. Based upon the condition of the rifle, I thought it was about ten years old.

I have yet to get it to the range but I'm really looking forward to it.

BTW, everyone I've talked to rave about the CZ .22's being one of the best values going for a new gun.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom