• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j26sub

May 8, 2018
    Should I buy about $300 worth of good beer Brewing equipment or spend about $450 on an inflatable hottub? Hard Choice...thanks

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    The inflatable tub will have a limited lifespan, and the novelty will probably wear off. If you're going to get a hot tub or a spa, get a real one.

As for the beer brewing equipment, that's a past time that has the potential to provide decades of enjoyment for you and your friends, and you won't smell like chlorine or catch pseudomonas. :D

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I was very active in my hobby as a home brewer for a few years, but I gained 30 lbs in the process. I ALWAYS had a lot of really great tasting home brew on hand, and I partook regularly. I haven't brewed now for a while and I'm actually looking to dump some of the stuff I've got. (I'm also 40 lbs lighter than I was last Thanksgiving - I finally got around to putting in the work to lose the weight.)

Get the hot tub.

F8L_Funnel

Jan 28, 2013
    Think of how much beer you can brew with the water used to fill the hot tub!! You will save SO much by not buying commercially produced stuff, next year you can get the hot tub if you still have the urge :-)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Buy a 12'x14' tarp. Line the bed of your pickup truck and fill it with water. Instant portable redneck hot tub. Add a little home brew to the mix and instant party!

:party29:

Chauchat

Jan 16, 2014
    In the free States
    Should I buy about $300 worth of good beer Brewing equipment or spend about $450 on an inflatable hottub? Hard Choice...thanks

Yes to beer equipment AND while you are at it buy a pot still from Maryland Homebrew. A gallon jug of ethanol, some white oak slivers hit lightly with a torch, and six months later you have yourself some smooooove sippin' whiskey.

You're going to need a wort chiller for the hot tub anyway so go big.

Chauchat

Yes to beer equipment AND while you are at it buy a pot still from Maryland Homebrew. A gallon jug of ethanol, some white oak slivers hit lightly with a torch, and six months later you have yourself some smooooove sippin' whiskey.

You're goning to need a wort chiller for the hot tub anyway so go big.

Chauchat

That would not please the revenuers.
    I bought a couple of gallons of molasses at Tractor Supply today. It is for the deer and has nothing to do with my love of rum and skills in water purification, et al.

Chauchat

Jan 16, 2014
    In the free States
    That would not please the revenuers.
    I bought a couple of gallons of molasses at Tractor Supply today. It is for the deer and has nothing to do with my love of rum and skills in water purification, et al.

And everyone knows how molasses and deer go together like peas and carrots especially when roasted to a golden brown with just a touch of pink in the center.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom