• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Looking for a unit to hold up to a ton of full auto firing. What say you ? Whats on the market to take it and hold up?

AMStrick

May 15, 2012
    Port Tobacco
    AWC Systems manufactures a 5.56 suppressor rated for full auto sustained fire. The unit is also rated to fire in confined spaces without hearing pro. The can is called "Raider", constructed from Stainless Steel. AWC also makes a Raider from Titanium, but this version is not rated for full auto fire.

I have one pending ATF stamp. I've been waiting for 5 months, should be getting the call any day from Fred's to pick up my can.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I use the AAC M4-2000 and AAC 762SDN-6. I've never had any problems. Others in my club use the Saker and YHM Phantom. All of them do well.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Ok that brings up another question. Should I get a .308 unit for my scar and also use it for my .223 guns ?knowing me I'd end up with at least one of each lol.

Last edited:

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    AAC m4-2000 or their 7.62 cans. They are full auto rated. I've used mine on SBR uppers to beltfed shrikes.
    I prefer a 308 can for full auto. It doesn't overgas the system.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      53.3 KB · Views: 266

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    AAC m4-2000 or their 7.62 cans. They are full auto rated. I've used mine on SBR uppers to beltfed shrikes.
    I prefer a 308 can for full auto. It doesn't overgas the system.

When testing cans for the Shrike, I found that a 556 can did not have the volume to handle the rate of fire. Kind of like putting a pistol can on a SMG. I am going to get an Omega from Silencerco.

As far as a standard M16, You might get away with a 556 can, as this might just be the issue with belt fed and a higher rate of fire.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    When testing cans for the Shrike, I found that a 556 can did not have the volume to handle the rate of fire. Kind of like putting a pistol can on a SMG. I am going to get an Omega from Silencerco.

As far as a standard M16, You might get away with a 556 can, as this might just be the issue with belt fed and a higher rate of fire.

What do you mean by can't handle the volume of fire? You doing a 200 round dump?

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    What do you mean by can't handle the volume of fire? You doing a 200 round dump?

Yes :D

I just mean the higher cycle rate and more than burst fire.

Soon I will have a tripod adapter made and then we will get to the real volume of fire! I also now have a 20, 16 and two 12.5" barrels. So I can switch them out as they heat up. Do I need a suppressor for each? ;)

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Why would you want to suppress the report of sustained full automatic fire?

The sound alone is better than racking a shotgun .lol.

If you need a mount. Look at sage international. The make an attenuating mount and adapter that will work with the rails on a shrike, mcr or ebr. You can use a tripod afterwards.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD

If you need a mount. Look at sage international. The make an attenuating mount and adapter that will work with the rails on a shrike, mcr or ebr. You can use a tripod afterwards.

Why not? I have Maxim with 250rd Belts of 8mm and 7.62x54r if I want to hear something. Now I don't want to hear it!

Sage has those adaptors but they are crazy expensive, like $550. Plus I can't find them actually for sale anywhere. However, yes on the right track. I had plans to make one using a ARMS 7 mount upside down on a custom cradle.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013

1 of the places I shoot at is a long thin piece of property. Has a good distance ( out to about 700 yards) But there is that 1 house who doesn't mind semi fire or small caliber . But when the belt fed .223s are having fun. She calls The county police, State police and God knows who else. So I figured Id invest in a can or 3 for this purpose. I have them mounted on the MG 42 aircraft mounts via a picatinny adapter. Works great !

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom