• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I carry almost every day in PA now. Usually it's a shield or a pocket .380.

I am way better with my Glock 19, but I HATE carrying it. I've used the leather/kydex tuck holsters, regular tuck holsters, OWB Serpa, OWB Safariland. The IWB holsters are bad because of the size on the gun, the OWB are bad because the weight is too noticeable on my side.

I'd like to start carrying this again for capacity, as well as the fact it is equipped for night shooting where my other firearms are not.

Are there any good OWB holsters that will keep it tight to the body?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If the weight of a mere G19 is too noticable , it is probably a belt problem more than a holster problem .

Once you have proper belt attended to , then a pancake style holster , made from a dead cow . Every makee offers at least one , with subtle variations in gun placement . Without namedropping a dozen holsters , default recomendations are plenty of forward ( aka FBI) tilt , and ride height more of 'medium" than "extra high" .

ADCOLE

Apr 29, 2014
    Upper Marlboro

I am way better with my Glock 19, but I HATE carrying it. I've used the leather/kydex tuck holsters, regular tuck holsters, OWB Serpa, OWB Safariland. The IWB holsters are bad because of the size on the gun, the OWB are bad because the weight is too noticeable on my side.

I'd like to start carrying this again for capacity, as well as the fact it is equipped for night shooting where my other firearms are not.

First and foremost, you definitely need a quality belt. In my humble opinion, the best OWB holsters are here: https://www.bravoconcealment.com/collections/all-products

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    You can also carry it iwb in kydex. Same width as the g26, 27, 33 that carries very nicely and in comfort. Little bit longer.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I carry in a pancake holster everyday and it’s very comfortable.

Just a FYI on printing or concealability.......When i get off work i take off all police identifying items and stop at giant daily, in MoCo of all places. You’ll find no one notices or cares because 99% of people aren’t looking for it. In 10 years of the same routine I’ve never had a comment or police called. You may think it’s too obvious but really that’s just sub conscious

I carry in a pancake holster everyday and it’s very comfortable.

Just a FYI on printing or concealability.......When i get off work i take off all police identifying items and stop at giant daily, in MoCo of all places. You’ll find no one notices or cares because 99% of people aren’t looking for it. In 10 years of the same routine I’ve never had a comment or police called. You may think it’s too obvious but really that’s just sub conscious

+1 on the paddle holster and my 2 cents...
    Printing is most obvious when people are constantly tinkering with their holsters. Someone who always carries, or has a good set up, doesn't constantly touch/adjust the pistol, thus no attention is drawn.

These are super comfortable and inexpensive. https://www.amazon.com/Fobus-Glock-...qid=1532778551&sr=8-1&keywords=fobus+glock+19

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I find the Galco concealable comfortable and well made. Have 3 or 4 of them now. One for a Glock 19 and another for the similar sized Walther P99 (and others for smaller guns). Blaster turned me on to them as he might have used one at some point for his job.

Although I'm not suggesting to use this vendor, you can find model numbers here ...

https://www.opticsplanet.com/galco-concealable-revolver-holsters.html

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    A sturdy belt is a necessity. I’m a fan of the Magpul Tejas.

I carry a G26 with a T-Rex Arms Nomad holster with the deep clip and just T-shirts most days now. Haven’t had a problem. Been losing weight and I thought it’d be harder to hide, but it’s actually easier.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I was at a farmers mkt in the city this am wearing a relativly fitted T shirt, shorts and an IWB G33. Three cops walking around looking at the people and produce. No notice. Wife says they are not looking for old white men in shorts. On the topic of belts, couldnt agree more with an earlier poster. Have had 3 belts made, two horny back gator and one shark by 2 makers. The are gun belts i think 1.5” and they make all the difference.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Belt is key. Not to pile on. I can't carry in MD. But when in WV I do.
    I have two belts.
    Magpul Tejas el presidente and a Vedder cobra buckle. They make carrying great.
    For holsters I have one kydex for a p229 with the close/tight belt "loops".

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Belt is key. Not to pile on. I can't carry in MD. But when in WV I do.
    I have two belts.
    Magpul Tejas el presidente and a Vedder cobra buckle. They make carrying great.
    For holsters I have one kydex for a p229 with the close/tight belt "loops".

Holy butt pounding did you pay $60 for that belt? Any police supply store has essentially the same belt for 1/3 the price.

I’ve been wearing the same Jaypee leather belt for 10 years (that’s right boys she still fits) and it was a fraction of that!!

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Holy butt pounding did you pay $60 for that belt? Any police supply store has essentially the same belt for 1/3 the price.

I’ve been wearing the same Jaypee leather belt for 10 years (that’s right boys she still fits) and it was a fraction of that!!

No. I had a coupon for Amazon. It did come directly from Vedder. The magpul I got from Ebay with another coupon.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    The draw to the Vedder was that you can pull the free end threw your belt loops. All others that I looked at you have to remove the buckle. Worth it to me.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013

I know you are asking for OWB, but that doesn't always result in being tight to the body.
    If you want tight to your body at a 3-4 oclock position, I suggest this IWB holster specifically designed to ride tight against your body. It's been my G19 set up for a couple years now and have been happy with it.
    https://www.bravoconcealment.com/products/iwb-torsion-holsters

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    If weight is your problem get a GOOD belt. I got mine from Thebeltman.com and have used it for about 6 years now. The belt does matter.

At the end of the day the G19/23 is just a large firearm. I've carried my G23 just about everyday for a year and while I like it a lot in the summer it just plain sucks to carry. The extra grip length and barrel makes it a pain to carry.

My plan is to continue to carry the G23 in MOST situations. However I want a Sig 365 for days when a smaller gun is more comfortable.

I use a AG IWB holster and a Black Rhino OWB kydex holster. Weight isn't an issue just the size. I find myself in crowded spaces "blocking" out the grip with my arm. I never had to do that when I was carrying my MP40C. Carried in D.C. awhile ago and we walked about ten miles that day. It was never an issue IWB however in crowds I do "cover" the grip with my arm.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I find the Galco concealable comfortable and well made. Have 3 or 4 of them now. One for a Glock 19 and another for the similar sized Walther P99 (and others for smaller guns). Blaster turned me on to them as he might have used one at some point for his job.

Although I'm not suggesting to use this vendor, you can find model numbers here ...

https://www.opticsplanet.com/galco-concealable-revolver-holsters.html

I rotated 2 galco concealables for 17 years. I made a 229 disappear between 1.5 and 2.5 o clock position on my hip.
    Having the range of a owb to slide even so slighty along the belt when it's over a belt loop is invaluable. 1.5"-2" forward or back makes all the difference. Can't do that with an iwb while on the go. Doesn't get any more comfy than a good leather owb.

I would never even try getting decent concealability with a paddle holster. Not with anything bigger than say a small .380.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland

Brother man....I am impressed you said "Holy Butt Pounding" in a belt thread. You ARE the man.:D

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i rotate my g32, 23 & 19 for carry. galco concealable is a pretty tight owb. i really like the bianchi consent 125 for owb which is similar but has kydex inside for a real easy draw. blade-tech nano is pretty good iwb at 4:30 or so, thin but sturdy. hit the next gun show and find a real thick and sturdy leather belt, mine was in the $40-50 range, doesn't sag at all.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I rotated 2 galco concealables for 17 years. I made a 229 disappear between 1.5 and 2.5 o clock position on my hip.

I checked. I have 5 now - secure with a smooth draw after a little break-in. They're also not bad looking, both the black and Havana options. At least for me, your advice has always been spot on (and appreciated).

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I've been using the Vedder with my G43 and it's been fine. I like that I can cant it. I don't like the "claw", since it essentially takes up more room and doesn't provide that much more concealability over what a good forward cant does to keep the grip from printing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom