• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    Just got this one in. Beretta 1935 made in 1945 and sold to the Germans, about 13,500 from the end of the run. 4 UT marked blank slide. need to get better pics. git it for a good deal on GB, pawn shop had bad pics. Family pic with 1951, 1934, and a 1919.

Attachments

• 1935 1.jpg
      1935 1.jpg
      39.1 KB · Views: 428
    • 1935 2.jpg
      1935 2.jpg
      44.1 KB · Views: 342
    • 1935 3.jpg
      1935 3.jpg
      60 KB · Views: 510

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Nice!! Looks like its in good shape. I have one in the 600k range too, for some reason I really like the late-war rough finish look on these since it's the physical representation of decline in their manufacturing as we really started crushing them. Great pickup!

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Nice! That one looks like it's in great condition.

Here's one that's almost certainly a bring-back, but no papers with it. Grips are pretty typical plexiglas GI craftsmanship.

Attachments

• A-1.jpg
      A-1.jpg
      97.7 KB · Views: 308
    • SAM_0784.jpg
      SAM_0784.jpg
      102 KB · Views: 331

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    Those Berettas are really nice. It's funny, I have a CZ27 that has a Beretta 1935 magazine in it and it works fine. I looks better with it too! I love the old .32acp pistols from that era.

Attachments

• CZ27.jpg
      CZ27.jpg
      78.5 KB · Views: 319

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    I shot my 1935 7.65mm last week, fun little pistol and quote accurate. The extractor throws the spent casing stright up in front of your face and over your head, or down your shirt or up and back down in front of you. I am looking out for a 1934 .380 at some point, preferably a 4UT or Airforce marked example.

bryan9905

May 18, 2014
    I shot my 1935 7.65mm last week, fun little pistol and quote accurate. The extractor throws the spent casing stright up in front of your face and over your head, or down your shirt or up and back down in front of you. I am looking out for a 1934 .380 at some point, preferably a 4UT or Airforce marked example.
    I've been waiting for someone to make a crack about the ejection pattern. I have a 1935 ('50's commercial) and a 418 (.25 ACP). I need to wear a hat when I shoot these pistols because they both eject in an arc that hits me on top of my head.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I shot my 1935 7.65mm last week, fun little pistol and quote accurate. The extractor throws the spent casing stright up in front of your face and over your head, or down your shirt or up and back down in front of you.

I've been waiting for someone to make a crack about the ejection pattern. I have a 1935 ('50's commercial) and a 418 (.25 ACP). I need to wear a hat when I shoot these pistols because they both eject in an arc that hits me on top of my head.

Keep in mind that these were designed and built before the two-handed, braced stance became popular. The accepted stance was to shoot with one hand, from a profile, pretty much looking over your right shoulder. Your left hand was "arm akimbo" with your hand on your waist. The gun was further from your face, your center of mass was presented as a smaller profile, and it was believed that your vital organs were slightly more protected. In addition, your left arm and hand were more protected, so if you took a non-fatal hit in the right side, you could switch over to being a lefty.

Later, the left hand was either dropped to the side, hooked into the belt, or even put into a pocket ... but I don't ever remember seeing a Marine put that hand into a pocket. That must have been an Army trait.

This is how I was taught to shoot, and I never made the transition to the more triangulated stance. From that position, the spent casings tend to whiz past your right ear, but only rarely bean you in the face.

Attachments

• Marine_pistol_stance2.jpg
      Marine_pistol_stance2.jpg
      59.9 KB · Views: 246

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads